Internship - Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities - Commodity Structuring
The structuring team within FICC Commodities is product specialist team with the responsibility of product development, representation of commodity products and market expertise to clients.
Our client base is corporates who manage their commodity price risk; and their banks that act as their counterparties when Commerzbank has no relationship with the end-client.
Structuring Intern responsibilities
- Report generation for indicative levels and market conditions
- Pricing of exotic payoffs (mostly TRFs and Accumulators) following sales requests
- Coordinating the deal process from sales enquiry to support of the trading desk for execution
- Idea generation: keeping on top of market, political and economic trends, developing an understanding of relevant issues in the market, and conveying this understanding to sales, in order to facilitate the sales process
- Development of management information systems to facilitate the sales process for commodity solutions
- Any numerate degree (Maths, Physics, Engineering) or financial related degree
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and organisational ability
- Strong analytical skills
- Excel (necessary)
- An ability to take rational decisions under pressure
- Previous banking experience, German & VBA proficiency highly appreciated
- The Right to Work and live in the UK
Commerzbank Corporates and Markets (CBCM) is the integrated Corporate and Investment Banking division of Commerzbank AG. CBCM provides corporate and institutional clients with a broad range of commercial and investment banking products. It is active in Europe’s most important markets with main offices in Frankfurt and London.
The business incorporates capital markets activities in credit, equities, commodities, interest rates and foreign exchange with a strong focus on derivatives and structured products. It provides clients with capital and debt raising solutions and offers its customers access to a broad range of investment and risk management products across all major asset classes.
With approximately 1,000 branches, Commerzbank has one of the densest branch networks among German private banks. In total, Commerzbank serves more than 18 million private and small business customers, as well as more than 70,000 corporate clients, multinationals, financial service providers, and institutional clients. In 2018, it generated gross revenues of €8.6 billion with approximately 49,000 employees.
We value our diversity: different cultural backgrounds, as well as different capabilities and experiences, result in a diversity of ideas and a stimulating working atmosphere. Active diversity management is an integral part of our organization and enhances our profile as a fair and attractive employer.