Vocational Trainee Scheme 2021
The Vocational Trainee scheme has been developed to replicate the "Kaufmann" apprenticeship based training programmes which are well renowned in Germany. The scheme provides trainees with the opportunity to work full time, whilst studying towards a degree via block release. Upon joining, you will be assigned to a business area within Commerzbank where you will stay for the duration of the scheme (three and a half years).
During the first two years, you will study towards a Higher National Diploma (HND) Business (Accounting and Finance) at the European College of Business and Management (ECBM) and upon successful completion of the HND, you will study for a further year and a half to top-up to a BA (Hons) degree in Business Studies. The BA (Hons) is provided by ECBM and is accredited by the University of South Wales.
Overview of the Programme
- Three and a half years structured programme working full-time whilst studying towards an HND and degree
- Qualifications gained - HND in Business (Accounting and Finance) as well as a separate banking qualification (Bankkaufmann / Bankkauffrau) and BA (Hons) degree in Business Studies
- Typically attend College one week of every month
- Study leave — eligible for up to 5 days per academic year
- Challenging work on a diverse range of projects
- On-the-job learning, a dedicated team and buddy to support you
- A host of transferable business skills
- All college fees are paid for by the bank on top of your basic salary. Other benefits include 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), selling and buying of annual leave, private healthcare, life cover and a non-contributory pension scheme
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points at ‘A’ level or equivalent
- Fluent in English and a good level of Maths
- Genuine interest in working in a Banking environment