Graduate Management Trainee 2021
As part of Compass, you will have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms – some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
What you'll be doing
We are seeking passionate and driven graduates who have the desire to develop their operational management career within the UK’s largest, leading food and service provider.
Our 2-year graduate programme offers you a unique opportunity to work across our varied business sectors and functions through four 6-month rotations. You will gain a breadth of experience managing and delivering our services including retail, fine dining, guest services and events management. From providing quality food in our corporate sector to delivering world class sporting and leisure events –and much more besides. You’ll get the chance to develop the skills needed to make a head start on your career journey in a truly global company.
Applications are currently being accepted for our Graduate Management Trainee Programme (Ops) commencing in October 2021.
We will be conducting Assessment Centre for this program, dates to be confirmed as part of the recruitment process.
More about the role
The Programme is a two-year rotational scheme which provides you with the opportunity to learn and develop your skills across our business functions and sectors, to help you to be a future leader of our business operations.
We truly believe our best managers are those who have an appreciation of the daily challenges and triumphs; from the front line through to management, so you will hit the ground running out in our business doing real work, making a difference and learning on the job from day one.
Across the 24 months you will rotate into 4 different areas of our business. Each 6-month rotation will allow you to access key skills and experience both at our client sites and in our central functions. This could include anything from delivering outstanding restaurant experiences, supporting high profile sporting events and feeding thousands of school children, patients, workers and military personnel, to delivering warm welcomes, clean buildings and safe environments.
Whilst most of your learning will be on the job, we also provide a structured learning programme including, online support / reflection tools and workshops with your Graduate community. All the time supported by your buddy/mentor and Graduate Programme Manager, who will be on hand to help you to navigate your journey.
The programme is designed to set you up to be one of our future outstanding Operations Managers who run single units, multi-sites and even multi-service contracts, making commercial decisions and working directly with our clients and senior leaders. They bring out the best in people and inspire our teams while supporting them to achieve the highest quality and service standards.
Who you are
- A Degree level (or higher) qualification (obtained within the last 2 years)
- An appetite to be part of the food and hospitality industry
- A collaborative approach with the ability to build relationships
- Commercial awareness and a desire for a future role within Operations Management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong motivation and drive, with great attention to detail
- The ability to develop new ideas and see them through to completion.
- A willingness and flexibility to relocate in the UK in order to take advantage of the many great opportunities on offer nationally.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the programme as we cannot offer Sponsorship for this position.
In addition to wealth and breadth of experience and skills that you will gain across multiple aspects of the world’s largest food and service company you can expect:
- A competitive salary of £23k (up to £25k for London based roles)
- Continuous learning both on the job and course based
- A graduate buddy to support you settling in your first year
- A mentor in your 2nd year, supporting you to build your professional network
- Ongoing program support from our central team
- A kick-start for your future career in Operations Management