Tech and High Growth R&D Graduate London 2024
Do you have an interest in emerging technologies and how it is shaping the future? Can you imagine working with rapidly growing start-ups and scaleups in the tech sector?
Do you have a passion for technology, computer science or data? Keen to continue studying and gain professional qualifications?
We are part of the Tech & High Growth team in Broadgate, London, working together as a unit to put fast scaling companies in the best position to fly! We see our clients’ success as our success, and we are looking for people just as ambitious as us to join the THG family.
About the role
The Government provides incentives to businesses of all stages (and in all sectors) to encourage them to innovate, ensuring the UK remains home to some of the world’s best ideas. In no sector is this relief more valuable than the scaling tech space, where businesses are racing to get an idea, they’ve had to the market. To do this, they have to burn a lot of time, effort – and cash, which has to come from somewhere.
Without this incentive, a significant proportion of scaling tech businesses would run out of money and be forced to stop – or sell to an investor at a low price because they haven’t been able to prove the value of their idea fully yet. Our team helps our clients – all of which are in the scaling tech space – apply for these incentives; in the last two years, we’ve helped scaling companies achieve over £30m of benefit from the regime, which has been ploughed back into the tech ecosystem to make the UK truly a home for innovation.
On a day-to-day basis you'll do a variety of different things but a big focus of the job is meeting all sorts of companies (by videocall or possibly in person), talking with their technical/scientific staff to understand more about their R&D and working with the client’s finance team to understand what costs can be attributed to the claim. Ultimately, you'll be helping prepare reports to go to the Government explaining how and why the company qualifies is entitled to the incentive.
We’ll have you meeting clients from day one and you’ll get a ringside view of some of the most innovative developments happening in the UK. You’ll also develop your understanding of how R&D incentives claims interact with a companies’ corporation tax affairs, as well as how they fit within the goal & purpose of the wider business as part of our Tech & High Growth team, which offers many other services to companies in this space.
We will provide you with a comprehensive training programme, which includes the option to study for a professionally-recognised qualification, the “Association of Tax Technicians” (ATT).
What you’ll need
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in working with Tech & High Growth companies
- A technology, computer science or data related degree.
- Clear written communication and report writing skills.
- Able to deliver a brilliant client experience through clear effective communication
- Want to stretch themselves and go above and beyond the norm
- Great attention to detail, a passion for numbers and a knack for following processes within guidelines.
- Comfortable approaching clients and asking questions.
- Curious about growth companies and see our work as part of their success.
A bit about CP
We’re no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers. And this means we don’t give ordinary advice. We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more.
We’re straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what’s made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK... and our vision is to continue. In 2022 & already in 2023, we achieved some fantastic feats, and we couldn't be more over the moon!
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards
- Achieved 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Recently became B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
What's in it for you?
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that’s why we offer things like:
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Open holidays
- Robust support to see you through your qualification
- A flexible approach to work balancing working from home, in office or with clients
- Cooper Parry social/sports clubs
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
The start date for this role will be 27th August 2024.
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
Interested? If you’d like to be considered for this role, please click apply, upload your CV and answer our application questions. These questions are the first part of our screening process, so please ensure you answer them in full – but you don’t need to write an essay!