Financial Accountant London 2023
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ACA/ACCA qualified or part qualified (finalist) Financial Accountant on a 12-month FTC to join Corio Generation’s rapidly growing global offshore wind business and support the transition to a low carbon, sustainable global economy.
Corio was developed under the Green Investment Group and remains a subsidiary of Macquarie Group (Australia’s largest investment bank) so we have strong financial support to drive the business forward.
About the role
As an ACA/ACCA qualified or part qualified (finalist) Financial Accountant, you will work closely with Corio Group Finance team to support the financial operations, transactions and stewardship of the Group balance sheet and P&L. This will involve processing journal entries, preparing balance sheet reconciliations and preparing reporting packs to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the month-end financials to internal and external stakeholders. You will need to have a good understanding of accounting standards (particularly IFRS) and a strong financial control mindset.
You will be responsible for working with outsourced service providers to submit results, closing the month-end books, and preparing reports and analysis to support decision making. The role will be involved in the maintenance and improvement of master data, processes and controls related to Sage X3 (Corio’s ERP system). You will be responsible for ensuring strong financial reporting, governance, and controls across these topics.
You will manage effective working relationships with internal and external parties including Finance, Tax, external auditors, outsource service providers and advisors.
At the end of the contract, there is an opportunity to become a permanent employee at Corio.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Processing journal entries and closing month-end
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Review of balance sheets and P&L
- Assist with the preparation of reporting packs for internal and external stakeholders
- Implementation of financial control frameworks
- Support in the preparation of statutory accounts
- Support in year-end audit and liaison with external auditors
- Oversight and review of submissions from external third-party accounting providers
- Supporting system maintenance and improvement of Sage X3 and creating new financial processes
Qualification and requirement
- A degree with an outstanding academic record
- ACA/ACCA qualified or part qualified (finalist)
- Previous work experience in similar role is preferred
- Strong grasp of accounting standards (IFRS) and financial controllership activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Enjoys problem solving and new challenges
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing deadlines
- Ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and service providers
What we offer you
Additionally, when you join, we want you to enjoy what you do and be rewarded for your contribution, so we have a range of attractive benefits on offer:
- 25 days holidays (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Income protection policies to support your family whatever the circumstances.
- Life insurance
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical insurance
- Dental Insurance
We are supportive of hybrid and flexible working to suit individual and company circumstanced.
We offer a discretionary annual bonus, relative to company and individual performance.
Methods of Communication during recruitment cycle
In Corio we will never utilise communication tools like WhatsApp and Telegram for job interviews. While we do use LinkedIn, once initial contact has been established, our Recruitment team will always use an official Corio Generation email address for correspondence about interviews and recruitment processes such as interviews and job offers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders, and communities. You'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
Joining this business means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.
Corio Generation is a specialist offshore wind business, dedicated to harnessing renewable energy worldwide. With a unique blend of sector-leading expertise and deep access to long-term capital, we work closely with our partners in the creation and management of projects from origination, development and construction, and into operations.
Our 20+ GW offshore wind development portfolio is one of the largest in the world, spanning established and emerging markets, as well as floating and traditional fixed-bottom technologies. These next generation offshore wind projects will help form the backbone of the net-zero global energy system while meeting the energy needs of communities and corporate offtakers sustainably, reliably, safely and responsibly.
Corio Generation is a Green Investment Group (GIG) portfolio company, operating on a standalone basis. GIG is a specialist green investor within Macquarie Asset Management, part of Macquarie Group.