Postgraduate Global Regulatory Ecotoxicologist 2022
Corteva Agriscience has an opportunity for a Global Regulatory Ecotoxicologist located in Europe, preferably in Milton Park, United Kingdom but open to other locations where Corteva have an office.
The successful applicant will represent the Ecotoxicology Team on multidisciplinary regulatory teams responsible for development, registration or re-registration of new and existing crop protection products. The position will involve close liaison with registration colleagues and technical experts across a wide range of disciplines within Corteva AgriSciences, industry associations and national or international regulatory authorities.
- Leading ecotoxicology study designs, using in-depth expertise and proactive application of scientific principles.
- Designing tests for outside contract laboratories and providing oversight for outsourced (contract) work or quality testing.
- Providing key leadership of environmental risk assessments on a global basis.
- Providing global regulatory reports for regulatory agencies and interfacing with regulatory agencies.
- Contributing as a member of multiple product teams operating in a collaborative, team environment.
- Developing robust communication strategies and implementing a range of effective communication methods that inform and influence.
- Effectively utilizing organizational networking to influence decision making.
- UK Milton Park as preferred location
- Alternative Corteva office-based locations, or home working may be considered for suitable applicants.
- A Master's degree in Environmental Toxicology, Ecology, Entomology, Zoology, or other ecotoxicology-related science degree with 10 years industry work experience in ecotoxicology serving the agrochemical industry, or a Ph.D. in Environmental Toxicology, Ecology, Entomology, Zoology, or other ecotoxicology-related science degree with 5 years industry work experience in ecotoxicology serving the agrochemical industry
- Strong scientific background and critical thinking skills coupled with application of scientific principles for use in regulatory sciences and risk assessment
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities to manage and coordinate multiple projects and chemistries
- Ability to apply knowledge and experience to creatively address complex risk assessment challenges in a timely and effective manner
- Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner to a variety of scientific and non-scientific audiences
- Keen interest in working in a dynamic, exciting industry and applying scientific information for protection of the environment
- High level of English Proficiency.