Digital Innovation Graduate 2021
Costain helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
Supporting the development of digital technology capabilities across the business through R&D Project/Programme delivery & work winning.
- Project management and delivery of R&D projects – includes trial and demonstration opportunities on client sites, worth £20,000 - several millions.
- Analyse project requirements.
- Execute and manage new project initiatives
- Draft proposals for R&D project funding and supporting work winning activities for the department.
- Review proposals and analyse data.
- Interface with Costain, our clients and our B2B partners communications and marketing teams.
- Deliver technical sales to maximise organisational success.
- Supply chain & SME engagements as well as supporting marketing campaigns.
To be successful in this role, these are the key competencies and skills that we are looking for:
- Passion or interest in the use of novel digital technologies across various sectors (Water, Rail, Highways, etc) and fields (e.g. Sustainability, Automation, Robotics, etc) to provide solutions and services to clients.
- Good communication and presentation skills – Stakeholder engagement is a key part of this role.
- Ability to identify opportunities for innovation and draft proposals for client funded R&D opportunities.
- Project Management knowledge e.g. Commercial, Programme, Risks, etc, associated with project/programme delivery.
- Capable of putting business strategy in place to improve innovation adoption, performance and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, project management or digital/innovation discipline. (Other disciplines can be considered depending on experience & career ambitions)
- B in English language GCSE or equivalent.
- Mechanical Engineering background
- IET or IMEchE chartership pursuit.
- An innovation/project management/innovation MSc degree
- Any Project Management qualifications e.g. APM PFQ.