Graduate Civil Engineer Preston 2021
The Preston Western Distributor Road and East West Link Road Scheme is being constructed for City Deal and consists of a dual carriageway linking the M55 near Bartle with the A583/A5083 at Clifton. As part if the PWDR a single carriageway road is to be constructed to Cottam Way. The PWDR includes 4.8km of dual carriageway with 3km of single carriageway. It includes 2 major viaducts, 3 underpass structures, one overbridge and a new Junction 2 constructed over the M55 with slip roads. The Project commenced on site in October 2019 and is due for completion in Spring 2023.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Graduate Civil Engineer you will be responsible for a key element of work on a project taking a significant role in technical delivery as well as managing aspects of time, cost and quality and will acquire technical, leadership and project management skills and experience. This will include undertaking the following tasks:
- Management of site operations, to ensure safety, quality, cost effectiveness, timely production and customer satisfaction
- Planning and sequencing of operations, including writing method statements and risk assessments, and procuring sub-contractor, labour, plant and material resources
- Briefing teams
- Implementing operational quality control including setting out and QA processes
- Commercial management
- Design and design management
- Work winning
- Full engagement with the Costain professional development scheme, to become qualified in 3 – 4 year period
- Minimum 2:1 achieved or expected in a Civil Engineering degree accredited by the ICE
- Work experience relevant to the Civil Engineering sector preferred but not essential
- Mobility to work on various projects over the 2-year programme throughout the UK
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society. Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org We will consider all applicants regardless of age, race, faith and socioeconomic background, including those from marginalised groups.