Graduate Project Controls
Be passionate about your field, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, high attention to detail, enjoy building networks and working with others and have a willingness to learn and experience new opportunities in a multidisciplinary environment. Within our encouraging environment, your initiative and desire to learn will result in outstanding career opportunities.
Graduates in the Project Controls group would be exposed to
- Assisting in the development of scope and Work Breakdown Structures
- Establishment, management and reporting through Costain project controls systems
- Prepare project reports including financial, resourcing and schedule analysis
- Generating and maintaining schedules in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
- Assisting in the development of project proposal estimates.
- Potential travel opportunities to work on interstate/international projects
Costain helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
- Bachelor’s degree (min 2:1 or equivalent) in Project Management, Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering is essential
- Able to demonstrate a keen interest in developing a career in Project Controls
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to working in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
- Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
- Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
We will consider all applicants regardless of age, race, faith and socioeconomic background, including those from marginalised groups, such as (but not exclusive to):
- People who identify as LGBT+, including non-binary people
- People with physical or neurological disabilities
- People who have mental ill health
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need for dynamic working, such as, working part-time, remote working, or compressed hours. In return, we will explore what is possible.