Graduate SHE Advisor Leicester 2021
Cadent is the UK’s largest Gas Distribution Company owning and operating four of the eight UK Gas Distribution Networks across the East of England, London, North West and West Midlands; spanning over 131,000 kilometres of pipes. Cadent transport gas safely and reliably to 11 million homes across their networks and operate the Gas Emergency Helpline for the whole of the UK. Costain is appointed as the Construction Management Organisation to manage the planning and delivery of the annual network investment programme for the East of England Network.
- Understand the Company Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company’s operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented
- Assist in providing advice on the practical implementation of the company’s SHE policies and processes
- Assist SHE manager or delegate and Contract Management in understanding of stakeholders (internal and external) aims, priorities and risks with regards to SHE
- Assist with the development of Health, Safety and Environmental Management plans if applicable and coordination of review
- Assist in providing operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, incidents and ill health
- Provide advice and guidance for obtaining legal consents, licenses and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licenses and waste management licenses as and when required and as directed
- Assist the SHE Manager and other members of the SHE team, in key tasks to assist in the development, management, implementation and monitoring of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management System
Costain helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company. We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
- Bsc in Health & Safety Management Or Health, Safety and Environment Management Or Environment Management Or equivalent
- Undergraduate study or equivalent diploma that gains IOSH Technical Safety Practitioner
- Status or Graduate IEMA
- Experience of delivering presentations, talking in public etc
- Excellent organisations, communication and time management skills
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.
Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will consider all applicants regardless of age, race, faith and socioeconomic background, including those from marginalised groups, such as (but not exclusive to):
- People who identify as LGBT+, including non-binary people
- People with physical or neurological disabilities
- People who have mental ill health
We welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need for dynamic working, such as, working part-time, remote working, or compressed hours. In return, we will explore what is possible.