Environmental SHE Graduate 2021
Costain helps to improve people’s lives by deploying technology-based engineering solutions to meet urgent national needs across the UK’s energy, water and transportation infrastructures. The HS2 Main Civils Contracts include both Lots S1 (Euston Tunnels & Approaches) and S2 (Northolt Tunnels). Scope of works includes twin-bored tunnels (TBM driven), SCL tunnels/adits, shaft sinking, bridge demolition and reconstruction, utilities diversions, earthworks and the construction of site compounds.Security Vetting: HS2 requires SCS to undertake security vetting on all staff to the UK Government Baseline Personal Security Standard. All successful candidates will be subject to this vetting procedure as part of the on-boarding process.
As our Environmental SHE Graduate, you will be responsible for:
- Understand the Company Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Processes and statutory requirements as they affect the company’s operations and ensure that the requirements are implemented.
- Assist in providing advice on the practical implementation of the company’s SHE policies and processes.
- Assist SHE manager or delegate and Contract Management in understanding of stakeholders (internal and external) aims, priorities and risks with regards to SHE.
- Assist with the development of Health, Safety and Environmental Management plans if applicable and coordination of review.
- Assist in providing operational and functional management with advice on the prevention of accidents, incidents and ill health.
- Provide advice and guidance for obtaining legal consents, licenses and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licenses and waste management licenses as and when required and as directed.
- Assist the SHE Manager and other members of the SHE team, in key tasks to assist in the development, management, implementation and monitoring of the Safety, Health and Environmental Management System.
- Bsc in Health & Safety Management Or Health, Safety and Environment Management Or Environment Management Or equivalent Under graduate study or equivalent diploma that gains IOSH Technical Safety Practitioner Status or Graduate IEMA
- Experience of delivering presentations, talking in public etc
- Excellent organisations, communication and time management skills
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society.Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com. We will consider all applicants regardless of age, race, faith and socioeconomic background, including those from marginalised groups.