Graduate Civil Engineer London 2021
Costain is part of the team at Thames Tideway, building a 25km super sewer under the river Thames to intercept those nasty spills and clean up our river for the good of London, its wildlife and its people.
Costain helps to improve people’s lives with integrated, leading edge, smart infrastructure solutions across the UK’s energy, water, transportation and defence markets. We help our clients improve their business performance by increasing capacity, improving customer service, safeguarding security, enhancing resilience, decarbonising and delivering increased efficiency. Our vision is to be the UK’s leading smart infrastructure solutions company.
We will achieve this by focusing on blue chip clients whose major spending plans are underpinned by strategic national needs, regulatory commitments, legislation or essential performance requirements. We offer our clients leading edge solutions that are digitally optimised through the following five services which cover the whole lifecycle of their assets: future-shaping strategic consultancy; consultancy and advisory; digital technology solutions; asset optimisation and complex programme delivery. Our culture and values underpin everything we do.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Graduate Civil Engineer you will be responsible for a key element of work on a project taking a significant role in technical delivery as well as managing aspects of time, cost and quality and will acquire technical, leadership and project management skills and experience. This will include undertaking the following tasks:
- Management of site operations, to ensure safety, quality, cost effectiveness, timely production and customer satisfaction
- Planning and sequencing of operations, including writing method statements and risk assessments, and procuring sub-contractor, labour, plant and material resources
- Briefing teams
- Implementing operational quality control including setting out and QA processes
- Commercial management
- Design and design management
- Work winning
- Full engagement with the Costain professional development scheme, to become qualified in 3 – 4 year period
- Minimum 2:1 achieved or expected in a Civil Engineering degree accredited by the ICE
- Work experience relevant to the Civil Engineering sector preferred but not essential
- Mobility to work on various projects over the 2-year programme throughout the UK
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society. Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com We will consider all applicants regardless of age, race, faith and socioeconomic background, including those from marginalised groups.