Graduate Civil Engineer Newcastle 2021
The Regional Delivery Partnership is a framework contract with Highways England for the development, design and construction of capital road projects that form part of the Regional Investment Programme during Road Period 1 (2015 to 2020) and Road Period 2 (2020 to 2025). The Costain Jacobs Partnership were awarded two lots; Lot 7 (East Region) & Lot 8 (North Region).This vacancy relates to Lot 8 for the delivery of 3 schemes along the A1 corridor in Newcastle and Northumberland, with combined scheme budgets in excess of £550M. A1Scotswood to North Brunton – Construction March 2020 – late 2022A1 Birtley to Coal House – Construction March 2021 – late 2023 A1 in Northumberland – Construction March 2021 – late 2024. The current early works are being undertaken in Stockton and Leeds (with our designers Jacobs) but will move to the north east prior to construction. It is essential that applicants are willing to travel to and work in the north east.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Graduate Civil Engineer you will be responsible for a key element of work on a project taking a significant role in technical delivery as well as managing aspects of time, cost and quality and will acquire technical, leadership and project management skills and experience. This will include undertaking the following tasks:
- Management of site operations, to ensure safety, quality, cost effectiveness, timely production and customer satisfaction
- Planning and sequencing of operations, including writing method statements and risk assessments, and procuring sub-contractor, labour, plant and material resources
- Briefing teams
- Implementing operational quality control including setting out and QA processes
- Commercial management
- Design and design management
- Work winning
- Full engagement with the Costain professional development scheme, to become qualified in 3 – 4 year period
- Minimum 2:1 achieved or expected in a Civil Engineering degree accredited by the ICE
- Work experience relevant to the Civil Engineering sector preferred but not essential
- Mobility to work on various projects over the 2-year programme throughout the UK
At Costain we aim to be an accessible, diverse and inclusive organisation to continue to meet our customers’ needs. We will be industry leading in our approach and people from all backgrounds will be proud to work for Costain. Our goal is to have a workforce that is representative of society. Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org We will consider all applicants regardless of age, race, faith and socioeconomic background, including those from marginalised groups.