Student Quantity Surveyor Industrial Placement 2021
The Sponsored Student Programme involves a Year in Industry work placement to give you the experience and exposure to what it’s like to work at Costain. When you’re on a placement with Costain, you will work to mutually agreed objectives enabling you to focus on key interests or areas of development. You’ll also be given the opportunity to link in with senior management to work on live business challenges, and have the opportunity to work across a range of exciting projects across the UK.
You will also have the opportunity to network and build relationships with like-minded people across the business, access to professional and technical experts, exposure to Costain’s business and strategies and the chance to enhance your academic studies. Successful candidates may then be offered sponsorship support throughout their degree which could lead you towards the opportunity to join Costain’s award winning Graduate Programme.
As a Student Quantity Surveyor you will have some responsibility for a key element of work on a project taking a significant role in technical delivery as well as managing aspects of time, cost and quality and will acquire some technical, leadership and project management skills and experience. This will include undertaking some of the following tasks:
- Sub contract management
- Procurement and administration of commercial aspects of projects
- Estimating Project / Target costs for agreement with client
- Supplier Liaison
- Budget Preparations and associated Administration
We have opportunities in the following locations:
Please disclose where you'd ideally like be based and we will accomodate as much as possible.
- Studying an accredited Quantity Surveying degree or similar accredited by RICS/CICES
- A desire to gain valuable work experience relevant to the quantity surveying sector
- Mobility to work on various projects throughout the UK