Virtual Social Mobility Skills Day
At Covington we believe an individual’s future should be determined by their, aptitude, attitude and dedication.
We will be holding a virtual Social Mobility Insight Day on 11 March 2021 (9:45am - 1:30pm), with the aim of providing students from groups traditionally unrepresented within the legal sector an exclusive chance to develop the key skills required to become a successful lawyer.
What will the insight day involve?
- An introduction to Covington
- A networking skills workshop
- A virtual networking session giving you the chance to network with a range of Covington lawyers
- An interview skills workshop followed by a mock interview
- An optional drop-in Q&A session with the Graduate Recruitment Team
Who can apply?
- Members who identify as being from a socially mobile background (e.g. attended state school/first generation in your family to attend university/from a low income family/received free school meals from the government, or have faced any other adversity)
- Eligible candidates will need to be on target for or have achieved a 2.1 degree (in any field)
How do I apply?
Please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining:
- Why you have decided to pursue a career in law
- What you would like to achieve from Covington’s social mobility insight day
Applications should be sent to the Graduate Recruitment Team. (email@example.com)
Applications open from 1 February 2021 – 28 February