Graduate Tunnels Engineer 2021
Are you interested in joining one of the leading consulting companies? Creating value for customers, people and societies world-wide? Can you add to our success, while also developing your career and reputation? Then join us in designing the future!
With over 93 offices worldwide, COWI is a leading international consulting group. As a member of the UK team, you'll join our skilled experts and support projects across the transportation and energy sectors, including railways, highways, bridges, hydro and tunnels.
Living up to our values is a priority in the way we work. We collaborate with our customers, partners and colleagues to create better solutions while delivering on our promises project by project. We are curious and courageous as we pursue new knowledge and insights. Most importantly, we care about our planet, our customers and our colleagues as we collaborate to shape tomorrow’s societies.
We are looking for a Graduate Engineer to join our Tunnels team in London, giving you the opportunity to co-create with our experts on some of the most prestigious infrastructure programmes in the UK. Working alongside our Highway experts you'll undertake basic calculations of design work on various specialist design projects.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be responsible for:
- Production of engineering design and details in accordance with project requirements
- Preparation of calculations, written reports and checking of drawings
- Checking of design calculations and drawings done by other engineers
- Site visits as required
What you'll need
To succeed in this position, we believe that you'll be an open and honest person who is eager to collaborate with others while keeping our clients engaged. You'll pursue new insights and constantly explore new ways to improve, while caring for and respecting our clients, your colleagues, and the planet we live on.
- Be studying to obtain a Bachelor’s or Master's degree either in Civil or Structural, and aspire to become a Chartered professional along with some experience of working in a design environment (including a year in industry or summer placements)
- Be familiar with either UK standards or equivalent European or Euro Codes
- Possess an understanding of CDM Regulations, specifically the designers' requirements
- Understand the requirements regarding the risk assessment process
- Have the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team