Blockline Quality Industrial Placement Daventry 2022
Our culture believes in Powering Your Potential. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about. We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident Blockline Quality – Placement Student to join our team specializing in engine block related quality issues for our Power Systems business segment in Daventry. During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
- Assisting in first line defect diagnosis and parts disposition within the engine block line.
- Raising and maintaining part orders using the Ariba system.
- Maintain supplier weekly reports, improvements and actions and be directly involved and interact with suppliers.
- Supporting quality group presentations for various weekly meetings.
- Collate data through Statistical Process Control (SPC) and other processes and systems and identify improvement projects.
- Work cross functionally on identified production and continuous improvement projects.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- We are looking for a wide range of applicants studying towards a Bachelor or Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, general engineering or STEM related subjects and not graduating this academic year.
- Proven ability for logical thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and high energy are required due to the interface with both customer and Cummins internal departments.
- Good competency in general IT systems MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Health & Wellness
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
Development & Growth
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.