Components Service Engineering Placement
Working under the guidance of the Senior Service Engineer, the student will be involved in all aspects of the Service Engineering group; assisting to provide technical support for Cummins Automotive products and integrated Emission Solution and Turbo technology throughout Europe.
- Supporting the identification, resolution and implementation of fixes on key product issues with Automotive OEM’s.
- Initial data capture and Warranty claim information processing.
- Site visitation and field investigation for potential product issues.
- Supporting OEM account teams in finding resolutions to Customer issues.
- Component failure assessment and processing.
- Currently studying a STEM subject at degree level (sandwich placement)
- Excellent computing skills; Experience with Microsoft Office desirable. Good team working, communication and task prioritization.
- Technical Automotive background desirable, but not essential. Enthusiasm and interest in Engineering required
- Full driver’s license and be prepared to travel weekly within the UK
- Training in sector specific technologies. General training in presentation/communication skills, structured problem solving and Cummins practices and procedures.
- IDP consisting of engine and aftertreatment system. Emerging product problem identification and definition. Support product resolution forums: Problem Solving/6 Sigma Tools
- Hands on failure analysis and site investigations (Driving license advantageous). Use of electronic service tools for Cummins products. Identification of Key Customer issues through data analysis.
- OEM warranty processing and development. Working with OEM’s, Customers, Suppliers and Distributors Globally.