Sales & Customer Support Industrial Placement Huddersfield 2022
Our culture believes in Powering Your Potential. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Customer Support Placement Student to join our team specializing in Sales for our Corporate Segment in Huddersfield. During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Assist with weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for the account teams and ensures 'publication' to agreed timetable
- Maintain price lists for all customers and coordinates pricing changes and introductions with correct purchase order details as appropriate
- Assist account manager to compile prototype quotes to achieve target margins and raise orders in POST to meet agreed delivery dates
- Support account teams in the selling of the organisation’s products and services
- Responsible for supporting the account team in developing and maintaining positive customer relations
- Assist order management from receipt of order, dispatch and delivery to the customer
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Working towards a degree in Finance, Business, Supply Chain, Economics or Marketing.
- Excellent IT Skills, in particular Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and online communication tools
- Ability to solve problems, analyse data and think innovatively
- Good organisational skills and excellent communication skills
Health & Wellness
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
Development & Growth
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.