Finance Industrial Placement Huddersfield 2022
Our culture believes in Powering Your Potential. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Finance Placement Student to join our team specializing in Supply Chain, Commercial, Global Planning and Logistics, for our Corporate Segment in Kent/Daventry & UK Wide, During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Working within one of our 5 placement roles located in Daventry, Kent & UK Wide. The roles vary from purchasing, commercial finance, plant finance and logistics.
- Prepare journal entries for month-end close
- Monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts
- Lead, as well as participate in, process improvement efforts
- Financial liaison for non-finance leaders, providing reporting and analysis support
- Maintain internal control documentation
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with large amounts of data
- Organisational skills
- A desire to work in finance in a manufacturing Organisation
- Wishing to take out a year of university for a paid industrial placement
- Currently studying for a high numerate degree, such as in accounting, finance, maths, or economics.
Health & Wellness
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
Development & Growth
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.