IT Telecoms Placement 2021
Our culture believes in Powering Your Potential. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
IT Telecoms Placement Student
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT Telecoms Placement Studenttoo join our team specializing in Cummins Business IT Services for our Corporate business Segment in Peterborough, United Kingdom,During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Building knowledge of IT Telecom systems and their interaction with business processes.
- Supporting and improving IT and related business processes, utilising tools i.e. process flow mapping, value stream mapping, data collection, analysis and general problem solving.
- Analysis of business, user and stakeholder needs; eliciting and documenting
- Involvement in projects with project management methodology and tasks. Large migration projects form Cisco Voip to Zoom Phone.
- Use data analytics and insights to make our services better to drive Usage Management & Billing
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Currently studying at university on an undergraduate degree in IT, Business or Project Management related subject.
- General IT, Windows, Mobile IOS and android technologies proficiency and understanding,
- Competent in collaboration tools, Microsoft Office, Zoom, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and the virtual world in general.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
- As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
- Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
- Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
- You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance
- We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
- Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
- You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
- You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.