PFR Finance Industrial Placement Darlington 2022
Our culture believes in Powering Your Potential. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for an enthusiastic PFR Finance placement student to join our team specializing in Cummins Business services for our Corporate Segment in Darlington, United Kingdom, During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Compile, consolidate, and conduct basic analysis of accounting and finance information.
- Assist with the production of monthly and annual financial statements and reports.
- Make accounting adjustments through appropriate journal entries.
- Assist with monthly and annual account reconciliations and close activities.
- Examines a variety of financial statements and transactions for completeness, internal accuracy, and conformance with accounting standards.
- Prepares tables, charts, and other exhibits for reports, also working on less complex accounting projects or participating in more complex projects.
- Working towards a degree in Accounting, or related subject
- Studying towards a professional accountancy qualification preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills.
Health & Wellness
Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance.
Diversity & Inclusion
We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
Development & Growth
You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.