Manufacturing Engineering Placement 2021
Our culture believes in Powering Your Potential. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
Manufacturing Engineering Placement
We are looking for an enthusiastic Manufacturing Engineering Placement to join our team specializing in Cummins Turbo Technologiesfor our Components Business Segmentin Huddersfield, United Kingdom, During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Creating new or modifying current manufacturing and quality processes and procedures;
- Resolving problems identified either by external customers, trend data or team members;
- Manipulating and using data to establish the basis for actions and solutions;
- Supporting the department on key tasks and projects, working both independently and within teams;
- Assisting the introduction of advanced manufacturing processes into the business;
- Representing and promoting Cummins Turbo Technologies to the Customer, internally and externally
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Working towards a Mechanical, Automotive or similar Engineering degree;
- Genuine interest in engineering, especially activities/hobbies including cars, motorbikes & bicycles.
- Excellent communication and time management skills and a willingness to take on responsibility
- Energy and willingness to work independently or alongside others with minimum supervision.
Benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Cummins and the country where you work.
- As a Cummins employee your retirement savings plan / pension plan / superannuation will power your path to retirement and improve your financial future.
- Your wellbeing is important to us. You and your family will be cared for through comprehensive health care benefits.
- Whether starting or completing a degree, you will be supported by tuition reimbursement opportunities or full funding.
- You will receive annual merit and profit sharing based on individual and company performance
- We celebrate diverse perspectives and you will be part of building a more diverse workforce to enhance our competitive position and enrich our culture.
- Your energy and commitment will be recognized through paid vacation and holidays, parental leave, adoption assistance, flexible work environments and more.
- You are empowered to volunteer at least four hours per year on company time, to give back to the communities where you work and live.
- You will learn and grow through training and hands-on experience in an environment that values curiosity and developing talent for the future.