Product Management Placement
At Cummins we recognise that having experience of the working world during your university degree provides a key insight to the practical application of your learning. We run an exciting 13-month placement where you are given an opportunity to work in a role and on real projects making a difference in both your team and the company as a whole. You will receive on the job training and take part in a structured Training & Development Programme designed to give the skills and competencies required for future graduate roles.
As the Product Management Placement Student within a very dynamic working environment, you will be a valuable member of the Product Management team. You will be working on key projects with people from different parts of the world throughout the year.
This role involves processing Sales and Marketing data to assist Product Managers and compiling Value Package Profiles and key Marketing deliverables for new Genset & Engine projects. This role also supports the management of key product line lifecycles. These may include:
- Creating Marketing Specification Sheets.
- Creating Product Announcements.
- Creating Product Presentations.
- Conducting Competitive Analysis.
- Provide product support for changes requested to existing products and assist with the maintenance of Product Health metrics.
- Assist with maintenance of products residing in Cummins Sales tools.
- Assist in Sales & Operations Planning activities at Cummins for Marketing.
- Assist in other ad hoc projects as required.
Cummins is also very engaged in Corporate Responsibility, hence, you will be expected to lead or take part in a Community Involvement Team and participate on activities aiming to give back to the community.
College, university, or equivalent degree in business, or a related subject required.
Skills & Experience
- Candidates should be studying for a Business or Technical Degree.
- Ability to converse with people across different markets and locations.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledge of Physics or Engineering is desirable but not required.
- Good listening skills, patience and accuracy when gathering information.
- Proactive and with strong willingness to learn.
The role will provide excellent experience for your CV and exposure to many different functions within the business. A mentor will be there to guide you through your placement year. The following training will be provided:
- Tools specific to the role which includes Product Change Management and Sales Force Automation Tools.
- Training in Corporate systems such as Oracle, and familiarisation with other business software.
- Coaching to enable the development of other business skills.
- Optional training sessions to develop both business and technical knowledge.
- Internal Placement and Graduate Networks.