Industrial Placement - Sustainability Engineering 2021
Join our team
Cundall’s leading sustainability & building physics team is a key part of our international business. We pride ourselves on our exemplary track record of designing innovative, sustainable and energy efficient solutions, that minimise the use of natural resources.
Due to the international nature of our business we encourage any opportunity for knowledge sharing between our global teams.
The role you'll play
We are recruiting talented and creative engineering students to join our team for a Summer Placement in 2021. This is an excellent opportunity to join our office in central London to work on some of the most exciting sustainable design projects in the UK and internationally. The sustainability team is looking for a student placement, preferably for a year, starting in the beginning of August.
Working under the guidance and supervision of more experienced staff, you will develop your existing knowledge and skills in architecture, engineering and data analysis to:
- Design and implement advanced parametric simulation tools
- Develop strategies and tools to optimise building performance
- Develop sustainable design strategies for early stages/competitions to inform very early architectural concepts
- Work on research projects related to building physics and sustainable design
- Assist with the development of energy, passive design, and sustainability strategies for a broad range of buildings
The Skills You'll Bring
Individuals who are interested in the summer placement opportunities that we have available will need to be:
- On track to achieve a 2:1 or above
- Working towards a Masters level degree in Engineering or the Built Environment.
- Preferably be in your second or third year of study
- Have a passion for improving the built environment
- Be interested in design and, in particular, sustainable design principles