Graduate Building Surveyor Leeds 2024
We have exciting graduate opportunities within building surveying for you to join our Leeds team.
You will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as a preferred service provider. The role will cover the full spectrum of building surveying services, including design and specification, clerk of works, contract administration and building surveys.
Responsibilities will include
- Delivering projects, commissions and professional assignments
- Working as a proactive team player
- Maintaining effective communication to ensure all information is available for the successful completion of projects and liaising with other managers to ensure efficient financial control
- Delivering all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner; meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients to form strong working relationships
- Supporting the senior managers in the day-to-day running of the business
- Maintaining commercial and quality control procedures for projects under your control
- Managing relationships with clients, contractors and colleagues
- Conducting individual study in your own time towards achieving chartered surveyor status
- BSc in building surveying or equivalent
- Good technical writing and communication skills (both internal and external)
- Experience in the higher education, local government and healthcare sectors beneficial
- Developing skills in project management, EPCs/FRAs, repairs and maintenance and condition assessment beneficial (ongoing training will be provided)
- Strong numeracy skills
- Ability to foster relationships with professionals of all levels
- Analytical approach to problem-solving
- Willing to travel (graduates will be expected to work on projects across various UK locations in order to gain breadth of experience, although the base location will remain constant)
- Commitment to the company’s rigorous training programme
- Well-organised with the ability to prioritise tasks and manage their time
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
Training and progression (APC programme)
We will provide training through our industry-leading structured RICS APC programme. With your commitment and our support, you’ll become a chartered surveyor in a minimum of two years (longer if a conversion course is required).
Attaining RICS accreditation is a standard requirement for Currie & Brown’s professional employees. The company seeks to produce high-calibre practitioners through its rigorous programme. Candidates will commit to ongoing studying and document preparation, while regular assessment ensures progress and identifies where further study or support is required.
The programme includes
- Self-study outside business hours
- Bonus payment on completion of APC
- Mentorship from an experienced colleague
- Training sessions with an external APC coach
- Quarterly assessments
- Coaching in soft skills
- Individual face-to-face and telephone support in the six months leading up to the final assessment
Post-APC programme development
Once you gain chartership you can join a formal development programme designed to move the focus of learning into areas of commerciality, leadership and business development.
As an APC candidate, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Salary reviews twice a year
- 25 days’ annual leave, increasing to 27 after five years with the company
- Option to ‘buy’ more annual leave
- Pension scheme membership, with a matched employer contribution of up to 5%
- Company car allowance upon achieving chartership
- Private healthcare scheme membership
- Life insurance at twice your salary
- Healthy living subsidy in the form of a taxable annual payment of £400 towards the cost of a sports club or gym
- Professional membership subscription
- An interest-free season ticket loan
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Opportunities to get involved with CSR activities
- Social fund and social committee to support activities for all employees
- ‘Congratulations’ payments when employees get married or enter into a civil partnership
- Dress-down and early finish on Fridays
Why choose Currie & Brown?
Unlike some businesses, we prioritise for the long term and honour our commitments. We are compassionate and inclusive in the way we approach our work, and always look to invest in our people’s futures. Be it a desire to work internationally, a drive to progress, or even a curiosity to operate in a new sector, we are there for our people at every stage – providing advice, support and the structure to achieve. That is why so many of us have established and built successful careers here for so long.
We don’t offer just a job we offer a career with clear structured route to progression, and a track record of making international mobility happen with international moves encouraged on a permanent or secondment basis.
We are an international industry leader – Working for us provides the chance to work for a leading brand with a focus on excellence, being digitally-led in our approach, we present the chance to work on some of the world’s most prestigious projects and for some of the world’s top clients.
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work everyday and that is why we firmly believe equality, diversity and inclusion should be fundamental in creating a successful work force.
We offer comprehensive benefits packages in all our global regions which have been specifically tailored to offer additional rewards to our employees from entry level to senior executives.