HR Internship 2021
Working at Cytiva in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health. Our incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies.
At Cytiva you will be able to continuously improve yourself and us – working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, our customers, and their patients. With associates across 40 countries, Cytiva is a place where every day is a learning opportunity – so you can grow your career and expand your skills in the long term.
Cytiva is proud to work alongside a community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together, we’re pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
What you’ll do
- Be part of our UK & Ireland HR team for a 12-month fixed term
- Support the day-to-day management of the HR mailbox and payroll ticketing tool.
- Helping associates in becoming better users of Workday by becoming first point of contact for guidance
- Maintaining and protecting confidential data and information with utmost scrutiny, judgment and care. May assist in note taking and other HR processes.
- Partnering with HR team and other system owners to resolve basic employee questions and issues.
- Assisting both the on-boarding and off-boarding process of associates (contracts, right to work checks, new hire induction, exit management).
- Help maintain employee files (on-site and online). HR documents creation such as contracts and letters.
- Supporting events such as annual benefits enrolment.
- Supporting other projects, tasks and communications as requested.
Who you are
- A recent graduate or placement year student with Business or relevant studies, and a passion for serving a growing organisation.
- Ability to manage a high workload in a fast-paced environment, and to prioritise efficiently in order to meet client needs.
- An excellent communicator and strive to exceed expectations of your clients.
- You possess solid interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively in a team environment and to engage and work with a wide range of stakeholders i.e. benefits, IT.
- Highly organised and with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in using Microsoft 365.
- A self-starter who can use their initiative to support the team, asking questions and making suggestions as needed- remaining motivated when working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 68,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher is committed to a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels they belong and all voices are heard. We believe in our associates and the unique perspectives they bring to every challenge, which is why we’ll empower you to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.