Intern - University Talent Acquisition 2021
As the University Talent Intern, you will work as part of the Recruiting Team, which is an integral part of VMware's Talent Acquisition organization. University Talent is responsible for engaging in early talent development, developing relationships with universities, and executing on recruiting strategies that align with strategic objectives across all business lines. Our programs connect and engage top university students to the VMware community.
In this position, you'll be responsible for the creation of the EMEA University landscape, including timelines and graduation dates, internships types per country (including benefits/ obstacles of working students’ programs etc), and hiring nuances within the specific countries.
You will help redefine and build our progressive intern program. You will have exposure to many aspects of University Talent programs, including but not limited to onboarding, reporting, diversity, communications and social media strategy.
- Support the design and execution of research (quantitative or qualitative, agile and fast) to gather insights and to map the competitor landscape across the university level.
- Make recommendations on critical strategy decisions such as go to market and hiring timelines.
- Engage with teams across VMware to map the end to end process for hiring graduates and interns per country, including roles and responsibilities of all stakeholder and use this as a basis to identify improvements to the overall process.
- Enable the strategic direction of VMW University Talent Acquisition by focusing on building a suite of data, reports and metrics to assess performance.
- Work with internal systems team to develop reporting capabilities for UT
- Document all learning into a knowledge base and create a mechanism for ensuring information is kept current.
- Build out training to communicate overall finding and any changes to current process
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Marketing, Business, Communications, Human Resources or a similar field
- Experience in a human resources, recruiting or marketing
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to large groups
- Analytical proficiency
- Evidence of project management skills
- High proficiency in MS Office
Desired Skills and Experience
- Team player and a networker, you are able to build relationships with other departments
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple functions
- Proven ability consistently stay organized and provide high quality work with minimal errors
- Independent, problem solver passionate about committing to VMware’s success
- Global perspective
Start date: July 2021
Duration: 1 year