ABC News Operations Internship London 2022
Join ABC News for a challenging and rewarding 12-month internship!
ABC News is the Company's US news network based in New York. In the UK, we have a London Bureau, which serves as a hub for covering international news and feature stories for the ABC News network programs. The London based Bureau regularly contributes reports for such shows as 'Good Morning America', 'World News', 'Nightline', 'This Week', and all Digital platforms. The team here works on all aspects of news gathering, reporting, and transmission to provide quality material on top stories in the UK and EMEA regions for our US broadcasts.
About the internship
As an ABC News Operations intern you will carry out technical, administrative and organisational tasks for the team supporting international news deployments.
Your role will involve assisting with logistics, technical pickups and checking of equipment which is sent out with users. You will assist camera crews prepping to go to UK locations. You will learn the MCR camera operation and complete satellite bookings as well as assist with updating the international camera crew and studio database. You’ll also get to grips with basic hardware and software troubleshooting.
As part of a fast paced news environment this will be a great opportunity to get an insight into behind the scenes in broadcasting.
- Must be an undergraduate student in a sandwich year course returning to study in Autumn 2023
- Must have the right to work in the UK already in place
- Studying for a degree that is relevant to the role applied for e.g. Broadcast Engineering / Television and Broadcasting.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in a professional and mature manner
- Attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and undertake various administrative duties
- Interest in technical side of broadcasting
- Keen interest in news is an advantage
- Strong MS Office skills
What We Offer
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
- Constructive on-the-job training as well as companywide learning and development initiatives
- Learn how decisions and actions are made within a global business environment
- Take on real responsibility and become an essential part of an encouraging team
- Have the support and network of a large community of interns
- Gain essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and your future career
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Great discounts on Disney products!
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s leading entertainment company. There is no better place to show what you’re made of!
How to apply
Apply with your CV and cover letter via the link on this page. Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Your cover letter should be approximately 400 words and include the following:
- Why have you chosen this internship?
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- What qualities do you possess that would encourage Disney to choose you for the internship?
Please only apply to one internship position. We offer a large number of Early Careers opportunities across our business and if appropriate we will consider you for all relevant opportunities when you apply.
The application deadline is Sunday 28th November 2021 however, if we receive a high volume of applications we may close the role before this date, therefore we strongly advise you to apply early.
For hints and tips on your application, please check out our guide here:https://disneycasting.net/kenexa/profintern/Candidate_Hints_and_Tips.pdf