Graduate Analyst Tester
Work with the latest technologies, discover the best ways to break IT, and gain recognised testing qualifications. Dorset Software is currently recruiting determined and inquisitive STEM graduates to get involved in all aspects of IT systems testing.
We create and maintain bespoke IT systems for a range of clients spanning multiple industries. Our Analyst Testers are vital in ensuring a high standard of quality is reached in all our work.
A day in the life
Once you’ve completed your training (while earning your full salary) you’ll work either in-house or at client sites across the UK delivering exceptional service and building on your knowledge.
A snapshot of a typical day may look a little like this:
- Familiarising yourself with various systems so you can quickly identify defects
- Spotting inconsistencies between systems and their original design
- Collaborating with technical colleagues on various issues
- Testing a range of software and hardware to guarantee they’re working as intended
- Writing test plans and designing test cases
Learning the ropes
We don’t expect any previous testing experience so before you’re assigned a live client project you’ll get the chance to develop all the necessary skills while getting paid. The training programme takes a few months and is based in our office in Poole. Here’s what you can expect:
- Extensive training in IT systems testing
- A designated mentor to help you through the course
- An opportunity to gain a professionally recognised ISTQB testing qualification
- Exposure to some programming and network and infrastructure engineering modules to broaden your skills
- A friendly culture with like-minded colleagues
Now you know about the role…
Do you have...?
- At least a 2:1 undergraduate degree or a PhD in a Maths, Science, Engineering or Computing subject
- A passion for technology and motivation to quickly develop a wide range of testing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A methodical approach to problem solving, with excellent time management skills
- Ready to embark on an exciting and challenging career
- Willing to travel and work at client sites across the UK
- Able to quickly adapt to new situations
- Starting salary of £23,500 - £24,500 with regular salary reviews
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Flexible working hours and holiday provision
- A relaxed work environment
- Funding to study and obtain industry-recognised qualifications
- Job variety working with blue-chip and public sector clients on a number of unique projects
- Good company pension scheme
- Regular subsidised sporting and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, with onsite bike parking and shower facilities
- An unlimited supply of chocolate biscuits, or fresh fruit for the health conscious!
About Dorset Software
Based on the sunny south coast in Poole, Dorset Software is all about employee and customer satisfaction. Benefiting from over 29 years of experience, we are experts in understanding our clients’ needs and always work closely with them to devise and deliver the most appropriate solution for each project.
Our holistic approach allows us to provide a range of services that stand the test of time. These services include bespoke software development, exceptional consultancy services, and IT Systems Management.
Enthusiastic to continue our sustained period of expansion and improvement, we are focused on employing the best minds so contact us today to find out more or apply.