Graduate Network & Infrastructure Engineer
Benefit from broad and comprehensive training along with a wealth of real-life project experience that will continue to challenge and fulfil you as your career progresses. Dorset Software is currently recruiting enthusiastic STEM graduates to get involved in all aspects of software-hardware integration.
We create and maintain bespoke IT systems for a range of clients spanning multiple industries. Our clients entrust us to provide innovative and reliable solutions for which we depend on our Network and Infrastructure Engineers.
A day in the life
Once you’ve completed your training (while earning your full salary) you’ll work either in-house or at client sites across the UK delivering exceptional service and building on your knowledge.
A snapshot of a typical day may look a little like this:
- Creating websites and associated features for a range of clients
- Deploying new versions of platforms or applications for client project development
- Collaborating with technical colleagues on a range of issues
- Maintaining automated deployment of desktop operating systems
- Assisting with the security of both Dorset Software’s and clients’ IT systems
- Developing bespoke test servers to advance client projects
You’ll also be given the opportunity to deploy new hardware and strengthen and sustain cloud systems, ensuring you develop a broad range of indispensable skills.
Learning the ropes
We don’t expect any previous network and infrastructure experience so before you’re assigned a live client project you’ll get the chance to develop all the necessary skills while getting paid. The training programme takes a few months and is based in our office in Poole. Here’s what you can expect:
- Extensive training in areas like network management, web server and web farm builds, database builds using SQL Server, virtualisation using Hyper-V, and physical server wiring
- Familiarisation with the Dorset Software servers and network using our model lab
- A designated mentor to help you through the course
- Exposure to some programming and testing modules to broaden your skills
- A friendly culture with like-minded colleagues
Now you know about the role…
Do you have...?
- At least a 2:1 undergraduate degree or a PhD in a Maths, Science, Engineering or Computing subject
- A passion for technology and motivation to learn about the industry
- A confident manner and excellence in customer service
- A methodical approach to problem solving, with excellent time management skills
- Ready to embark on an exciting and challenging career
- Willing to travel and work at client sites across the UK
- Able to quickly adapt to new situations
- Starting salary of £23,500 - £24,500 with regular salary reviews
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Flexible working hours and holiday provision
- A relaxed work environment
- Funding to study and obtain industry-recognised qualifications
- Job variety working with blue-chip and public sector clients on a number of unique projects
- Good company pension scheme
- Regular subsidised sporting and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, with onsite bike parking and shower facilities
- An unlimited supply of chocolate biscuits, or fresh fruit for the health conscious!
About Dorset Software
Based on the sunny south coast in Poole, Dorset Software is all about employee and customer satisfaction. Benefiting from over 29 years of experience, we are experts in understanding our clients’ needs and always work closely with them to devise and deliver the most appropriate solution for each project.
Our holistic approach allows us to provide a range of services that stand the test of time. These services include bespoke software development, exceptional consultancy services, and IT Systems Management.
Enthusiastic to continue our sustained period of expansion and improvement, we are focused on employing the best minds so contact us today to find out more or apply.