Graduate Project Manager
Use your superb communication skills and knack for getting things done to contribute to a wealth of IT projects for our clients across the UK. Dorset Software is currently recruiting confident and astute STEM graduates to help smooth project delivery that's up to scratch with our clients’ high expectations.
We create and maintain bespoke IT systems for a range of clients spanning multiple industries. Our Project Managers are vital in ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget, and that everyone knows what they need to do to achieve the project goals.
A day in the life
After the comprehensive on-the-job training you’re given in the first few months, you’ll work either in-house or at client sites across the UK delivering exceptional service and taking responsibility for delivering projects on time and to budget:
A snapshot of a typical day may look a little like this:
- Gaining a meaningful commercial understanding of what the project stakeholder wants to achieve
- Guiding, advising, and managing the various technical members of your team
- Effectively managing resources to deliver projects on schedule and in line with the client's expectations
- Communicating progress reports to stakeholders
- Producing accurate reports on project progress and risks
- Managing all project risks and taking actions to mitigate and minimise them
Learning the ropes
During your training, you’ll be shadowing other members of the team to get some valuable on-the-job training. For the first few months you’ll be largely based in our office in Poole, sometimes attending client sites with more senior colleagues. Here’s what you can expect:
- A designated mentor to help you through training
- Training and exploration of Microsoft Project
- Familiarisation with our current clients, services, and ongoing projects
- Extensive training in Dorset Software methodology and quality procedures
- A friendly culture with like-minded colleagues
Now you know about the role…
Much of project management is providing direction, finding ways to explain project goals, and ensuring you have motivated teams enthusiastic to do a great job. If you think you have those skills, we’d love to hear from you! Here are a few other things you'll need...
Do you have...?
- At least a 2:1 undergraduate degree or a PhD in a Maths, Science, Engineering or Computing subject
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- A confident manner
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Proven experience in team management
- Ready to embark on an exciting and challenging career
- Enthusiastic about the IT industry
- Committed to excellent customer service
- Self-motivated and organised
- Prepared to learn and practise Dorset Software's development methodology and quality procedures
- Willing to travel and work at client sites across the UK
- Starting salary of £23,500 - £24,500 with regular salary reviews
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- Flexible working hours and holiday provision
- Generous expenses policy and competitive bonus scheme
- A relaxed work environment
- Funding to study and obtain industry-recognised Project Manager qualifications
- Job variety working with blue-chip and public sector clients on a number of unique projects
- Generous company pension scheme
- Regular subsidised sporting and social events
- Cycle to work scheme, with onsite bike parking and shower facilities
- Employee referral scheme
- An unlimited supply of chocolate biscuits, or fresh fruit for the health conscious!
About Dorset Software
Based on the sunny south coast in Poole, Dorset Software is all about employee and customer satisfaction. Benefiting from over 29 years of experience, we are experts in understanding our clients’ needs and always work closely with them to devise and deliver the most appropriate solution for each project.
Our holistic approach allows us to provide a range of services that stand the test of time. These services include bespoke software development, exceptional consultancy services, and IT Systems Management.
Enthusiastic to continue our sustained period of expansion and improvement, we are focused on employing the best minds so contact us today to find out more or apply.