Game 3D Artist Placement 2021
We’re delighted to be able to offer a number of year-long work placements to university students currently studying an art related degree.
With support, you’ll create 3D content for real projects and ensure the work is in line with the project's technical and artistic direction. You’ll have the opportunity to work with and learn from industry veterans to help push your skills and talent to the next level.
We’re a new breed of games company.
We’ve developed a strong reputation for technical skill, most recently we brought Minecraft Dungeons (Switch, PS4 & Xbox One) to players around the world as part of a co-development partnership with Mojang and Microsoft. Some of our other popular titles include the Pixel-Junk series (PC), Goat Simulator (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4) and Prison Architect
Initially you’ll work remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic and when our team returns to the studio, you’ll set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough, UK.
Currently Double Eleven is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our top priority. We’ll provide you with everything you need to join remotely.
Deadline for all applications is Sunday 18th April 2021. We expect our placement programme to commence late summer/September 2021.
What you'll be doing
- Model and texture realistic or stylistic modular, hard-surface and organic props for a diverse set of environments using industry standard art tools
- Create realistic materials and textures using physically-based shaders for use on architecture and organic models
- Proactively work with designers to deliver on gameplay functionality while achieving aesthetic goals
- Work with our concept artists to bring to life their vision Adhere to the aesthetic and technical standards set by the Art Leads
- Assist with optimisation and debugging to fix the issues raised by testers
- Develop an understanding of best practices, production pipelines and workflows
What we're looking for
We’re on the hunt for a number of talented, enthusiastic and ambitious students who’ve gone beyond the requirements of their course and with this in mind, we’re happy to look at examples of your own projects so feel free to include them with your online application.
This role requires you to be highly skilled, not necessarily highly experienced. Either way expectations are high given our reputation in the industry. In addition to being highly skilled, we place great emphasis on integrity, working hard and team solidarity.
You’ll need a working knowledge of industry 3D modelling packages and techniques and an ability to create interesting, detailed and visually appealing assets
Skills or interests considered a bonus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines
- Working knowledge of photoshop
- An understanding of composition and lighting
- A basic understanding of Physically Based Rendering systems
- A interest for video games
Working at Double 11
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period.
Some of our benefits include:
- Annual salary of £17,500 which is £1,458 per month (before tax and any other deductions)
- Flexible working hours (start anytime between 8:00am - 10:00am)
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan
- State of the art office facilities
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties
- 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday + 2 weeks in December + YOUR BIRTHDAY OFF
What we do
Double Eleven is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) Crackdown 3 (Windows 10) and most recently brought Minecraft Dungeons (Switch, PS4 & Xbox One) to players around the world in partnership with Mojang and Microsoft.
In 2017 and 2018, we were voted one of the best places to work in the UK Games Industry by gamesindustry.biz. From development and business development, marketing to distribution, there’s a huge amount of talent and experience here from all levels of the games industry. Through hard work, ambition and humanity, we are able to use that experience to create and bring to market great games that people love.