Graduate Concept Artist 2021
We’re looking for a number of Graduate Concept Artist / Concept Artist to join our highly experienced team here at Double Eleven.
You’ll have the opportunity to develop initial concepts ideas as well as finished production illustrations. Working closely with Art and Design Leads (as well as our Publishing team) to help create a broad range of work from environments, characters, storyboards to marketing content.
We’re a new breed of games company. We’re evolving the games industry by being different and we look after our team well.
Initially you’ll work remotely due to the Covid-19 pandemic and when our team returns to the studio, you’ll set up camp at our HQ in Middlesbrough, UK. Currently Double Eleven is working fully remotely and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation, with the safety of our staff our top priority. We’re still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff and will provide you with everything you need to join remotely.
Would you Enjoy?
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company
- Working in a multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation
- Being involved in a wide variety of projects
We are fundamentally different in the way we work and what you may be used to. Our company was created on the premise that people could have normal lives and do what they love doing. On the rare occasions we work overtime it’s almost always paid and from time to time we also offer voluntary out of hours paid projects. Think of us as a crew instead of a studio, heading in the same direction and dependent on one another to succeed.
Would you describe yourself as...
- Someone who has a passion for playing games and an up-to-date knowledge of current industry trends
- Exhibit a strong understanding of the fundamental principles of game development
- Can demonstrate an understanding of games industry pipelines and procedures
- Having firm experience of Photoshop and/or Painter
- Having knowledge of multiple art styles and techniques
What you'll be doing
- Creating concept art for characters, environments, objects to various levels of finish and within deadlines.
- Create high quality production illustrations for marketing material
- Work with the Art Manager & leads to create high quality consistent visuals
- Work with the design team to solve problems where Art and Design meet
- Help create inspirational concepts and prototype art to pitch game ideas
- Iterate on ideas using quick sketches and thumbnails
What you'll need
- Firm grasp of Photoshop and / or Painter is a must
- Good communication skills and ability to work within a team
- Creativity, motivation, enthusiasm, adaptability
- A firm grasp of colour theory, lighting
- Strong sense of design and composition
- Good time-management skills and ability to work closely to deadlines
- A passion for games art and games development
- Knowledge of multiple art styles and techniques
- Versatility to work on everything from environments through to characters, and in different styles is an advantage
Skills or interests
- Familiarity or some experience with 3D programs a plus
- UDK / Unity experience
- Animation knowledge
- Flash Vector graphics experience
- Degree level / HND or art related qualification and
- A portfolio that demonstrate a potential to meet industry standard level of art
Working with us
We’re pretty sure we’re the best place to work, period. Some of our benefits include:
- Flexible working hours (start anytime between 8:00am and 10:00am)
- Flexible lunch hours.
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses.
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family).
- Christmas bonuses.
- State of the art office facilities
- Regular team lunches and title launch parties.
- Additional leave for moving house and birthdays.
- Cycle scheme.
What we do
Double Eleven Limited is a full-service publisher and developer, with our head office located in Middlesbrough and a second office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Since becoming an independent publisher, Double Eleven has focused on bringing great games to new platforms and audiences including titles from the PixelJunk series, Prison Architect, and Goat Simulator. Double Eleven has also developed a strong reputation for technical skill, working on external titles such as the Lego Harry Potter series (PS4/XB1/Switch), Limbo (Vita) Crackdown 3 (Windows 10) and most recently brought Minecraft Dungeons (Switch, PS4 & Xbox One) to players around the world in partnership with Mojang and Microsoft.