Business Transformation and Change Placement 2021
At Dyson we demand the highest standard of performance from the technologies we engineer. We are a community that appreciates and advocates better engineering. A community of pioneers. And pioneering technology takes more than just inventive engineers.
The Business Transformation Team is a new function within Dyson which has accountability for the following:
- Ensure the Enterprise Operating Model (the way we are structured and operate) supports the Business Strategy (what we want to achieve)
- Provide overarching governance of major business transformation initiatives (how we get there) in conjunction with new Regional Transformation and existing Function Transformation capabilities
- Visibility of all transformation activity across Dyson
- Monitoring and reviewing programme to ensure there is maximised return on investment
- Establish and embed a Global business change capability to support Group functions
- Finally, ensuring there is efficient delivery of cross functional initiatives
This is a key function which will help support Dyson’s growth ambitions.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an intern to join this newly formed function. We are looking for placement year students, who are able to complete a full-time 12-month internship as part of their degree course, starting August 2021.
About the role
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across the three sub teams in the Business Transformation Team, gaining invaluable project and business change experience;
- Business Change & Benefits Realisation
- Programme Management Office (PMO)
Typical activities will include but not be limited to;
- Creating exceptional quality project setup documents detailing scope, assumptions, success criteria, risks, governance structure
- Partnering with stakeholders across the organisation to ready them for business change i.e. consideration of impact, communication, training, stakeholder management, business readiness, benefits tracking
- Developing KPIs and metrics which support effective decision-making including the monitoring and tracking of benefits.
- Creation and distribution of materials for key governance forums
- Creation and presentation of regular status reporting
Working with the team and interacting across business stakeholders, you’ll need to be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions. Apart from the technical know-how, you will need to be an inquisitive self-starter who is passionate about learning and creative in problem solving. We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your internship. After gaining a strong project management skillset and an understanding of functions across the business, we’ll be looking to offer our high performing intern an opportunity to return on our graduate programme.
You’ll be contributing to live projects from the start, so you’ll need to be curious, hungry to learn and ready to get stuck in. But it’s not just about technical expertise.
What does a good candidate look like?
- You love a challenge and have a starter to finisher mentality.
- You take accountability for your work, not just focusing on the results, but how you execute your work.
- You have strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- You are highly self-reflective and welcomes open feedback, with a clear commitment to self-improvement.
- You are a quick learner, hands on, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
Please note that you should only apply to one internship position as multiple applications will delay the selection process. We will consider you for another internship role should you have the relevant skillset or experience.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus and joining bonus
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance