Connected Data Graduate 2022
Dyson is a global technology enterprise. We solve the problems others choose to ignore, with surprising new inventions that defy convention and simply work better. We’re driven by progress and thrive on the challenge of relentless improvement. We’re growing fast and our ambition is huge – more categories, more locations and more people.
We push the boundaries of what others have defined as possible. Our approach starts with an engineering mindset and different thinking. Then we continuously refine our ideas – unwilling to compromise and driven by an obsession for finding a better way.
Connectivity is about developing ways to help Dyson owners get the very best out of Dyson machines. We want to continuously advance this, to assist owners in simple, elegant and unexpected ways, through the intelligent use of technology and data. Building a platform of trust with our owners and a community of Dyson advocates. To help us achieve this we are building a high-performing and empowered team to define a world-class Connected strategy and experiences.
About the role
As a Graduate in the Connected Data team, you’ll have the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology. You’ll be working within a team of data specialists to build the best connection between owners, the App and our machines.
Our team of Researchers, Data Scientists, Experience Designers, Programme Managers, Machine Learning specialists and Product Owners in the wider Connectivity Team are dedicated to pioneering seamless connected experiences. As part of RDD, we work collaboratively with teams across Dyson’s global functions, using the latest tools and techniques available. Specifically our team is focused on Connected Data, and consists of Data Scientists, Analysts and ML Engineers. We are curious, resilient and disruptive in our thinking, and we are looking for people who will work in a truly collaborative manner. We believe that diversity and radically different ways of thinking are absolutely fundamental to a team’s success, and are always seeking to pioneer and improve in this area.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Translating cutting-edge Machine Learning research, done in our RDD teams, into practical ML solutions that can deliver added value to both our existing machine owners and prospective owners.
- Identifying new opportunities yourself, within our rich datasets, and exploiting them through Data Science and ML.
- Creating personalised journeys and experiences with our App
- Working with Product Owners, Programme Managers and Project Managers to understand user needs and build the best user experience possible
- Mining our data for commercial insights for feedback to all other areas of the business, in order for them to make data-driven decisions.
You’ll need to be comfortable having a voice in complex decision-making processes, and of course you’ll be supported in doing so by all members of your team and manager. We operate a strict ‘no egos’ policy here, so everyone’s opinion is valid regardless of hierarchy or status.
As well as your line manager to help you along the way, you’ll be supported with a development framework designed to provide the technical and commercial know-how to help you drive your Dyson career.
Our graduate roles are competitive and delivering a world-class Connected data experience is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- Graduating in 2022, or have graduated within the last 2 years, with an engineering, technical, or related degree discipline.
- Keen to show your passion for problem-solving, with a particular interest in data science, engineering or product development
- Pioneering and an out-of-the-box thinker
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help meet our ambitious future plans
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- Performance related bonus
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits programme with a growing range of voluntary benefits, including the ability to purchase additional holidays
- 27 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Free bus travel to and from Malmesbury campus from Bristol, Bath, Chippenham and Swindon
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidized café providing endless free coffee and tea, fruit, and a free lunch
- On-site employee concierge service
- Free on-site hair salon
- Private Medical insurance for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program for employee and dependents
- Digital GP and prescription service
- On-site gym
Dyson is an equal opportunity employer. We know that great minds don’t think alike, and it takes all kinds of minds to make our technology so unique. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other any other dimension of diversity.