Procurement Graduate 2021
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore.
When you design unconventional and smarter products, you need an unconventional and smarter supply chain. Our Procurement team works across Dyson, supporting our Research Design and Development (RDD) and our business Categories. Whichever part of our business you’re supporting, you’ll be playing a vital role in strategic decision making, affecting the very design of our machines and the growth ambitions of the business.
As part of the Direct Procurement team, you will be participating directly in the product development lifecycle, working alongside RDD on secret projects to find new suppliers for advanced materials and technologies, and experience the excitement and challenges of building global supply chains to support the development, production and launch of Dyson’s newest products.
The Global Procurement team functions in four main areas – Global Commodity Management (GCM), Category Procurement Management (CPM), Procurement Engineering (PE) and Procurement Center of Excellence (PCOE). As a team, we manage Dyson’s direct material spend by sourcing and allocating the right suppliers, at the right cost and right quality. The team works with key stakeholders to deliver new projects on time and on cost, and also ensures that we have parts/components supporting the build plans volume and capacity. Global Procurement is also responsible for supplier relationship management (SRM), providing market insights on commodity trends and outlook, and bridging the technology road map internally and externally.
About the role
You’ll be assigned to a live project putting your university learning into practice from the get go. This is a broad and varied role, meaning no two days are the same. Some of your responsibilities could include:
- potential suppliers for design development and production supply.
- Working alongside our Global Commodity Managers and Procurement Engineers in commercial activities such as supplier requests for quotations, cost analysis, should cost analysis and identification of cost saving opportunities.
- Contributing to new project sourcing plans with Category Procurement Managers and Global Commodity Managers to develop and manage Product and Category sourcing strategies.
- Supporting the Supplier Selection process for new projects, gathering and presenting data for stakeholder approval.
- Work alongside Category Procurement and Global Commodity Managers to understand supplier’s production and tooling capacity: analysing data to ensure we have the right level of capacity commitment at the right time and cost.
We’ll support you with a development framework designed to help you make the most of your graduate scheme.
Our graduate roles are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for, or have achieved, a 2:1 or above and be studying towards an engineering or sciences degree, ideally with a focus on materials
- Able to start on 6th September 2021.
- Have strong numeracy, communication and interpersonal skills, with the confidence to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Familiar with Excel, Tableau, programming and/or database creation tools
- Able to demonstrate how you manage your time effectively and multi-task so experience of a high-pressure, competitive environment would be beneficial
- Able to evidence a strong sense of commercial acumen and an active interest in business, either through your university projects or as part of your co-curricular activities
- Be a proactive problem solver and happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plan
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Performance related bonus and joining bonus
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance