Software Engineering Graduate Internship 2021
Looking for a company where you can shape how the world buys, sells, and gives? Where you’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 25 years ago? Where you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
Every day, millions of users sell and ship their wares using eBay. Our team supports this diverse community by building shipping and warehousing products around the globe, helping individual sellers and small businesses to meet the growing expectations of online buyers. We are an agile team who adapt quickly and stay curious. Join us to make an impact on one of the world’s largest e-commerce websites.
What you'll do/learn
- Apply TDD/BDD and other engineering standard methodologies on all the code you deliver.
- Constantly improve quality: refactoring code, proposing new tools and changing processes.
- Pair with team members and collaborate with remote teams to share knowledge and give/get constant feedback
- Work across our stack and infrastructure, including internal and external APIs, enterprise distributed systems, services and tools
- Promote the best Agile practices.
What you bring
- The desire to learn new ideas and a lot of enthusiasm.
What we bring
- Rewarding technical challenges
- Outstanding company culture - we have a culture of respect and high expectations of others. We love sharing a drink in our Friday All Hands, play board games, enjoy free lunch and a pub quiz (not in the pub!) on our demo days.
- Flexible working- flexible start time with excellent support for working from home
- We are currently fully remote but when that changes we have wonderful, bright, air-conditioned offices in Shoreditch, with bike racks (and shower!). Right next to Liverpool St and Shoreditch High Street stations for super easy commuting, and lots of phenomenal food options nearby.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.