Administrative Officer London 2024
The Admin Officer, OpsCom Secretariat provides admin support to the Director, OpsCom Secretariat and the OpsCom Secretariat team, and Director, SBIC to ensure the smooth running of the SBIC committee process and Designated Approvers process by providing technical and documentary advice and guidance on administrative and logistical elements of the process to committee members, as well as colleagues Bank wide, involved in the investment approval process. In addition, as and when required, provide support to the Front Office staff in the FVP Office.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance and technical documentary and logistical support on process related questions to a wide range of stakeholders involved in the project approval process – bankers and non-banking departments.
- Organises and manages OpsCom Secretariat records/databases related to project submissions, project status, others as required.
- Processes project submissions to SBIC and DA ensuring that the documentation is available to stakeholders and preparing and circulating the relevant agenda.
- Provides logistical support to the SBIC meetings and when requested for PreOps and OpsCom meetings as well.
- Arrange all elements of travel according to EBRD policy including arranging visas, accommodation, ordering currency and preparing itineraries as well as claiming expenses. Travel is very infrequent for the OpsCom Secretariat team.
- Diary management – arranging internal and external meetings, conference calls and responding to meeting requests on behalf of the team and/or line manager
- Coordinate all required facilities, catering and technical assistance for internal/external meetings/training sessions, including venue sourcing, as well as billing arrangements.
- Maintain and manage data in EBRD-specific applications ( DTM, etc.) as required to ensure accuracy of Bank records
- Provides cover during leave for the Analyst, OpsCom Secretariat.
- Keep up-to-date excel and word databases related to the work of the OpsCom Secretariat.
- Assist with the production of reports and presentation material, undertaking secondary proofreading and editorial work
- Perform specific data-based analytical work to provide Managers with essential information for the production of reports
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A degree and/or equivalent business experience
- A recognised secretarial or business qualification would be useful, but is not essential
- Fluent English, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Good level of numeracy
- Strong organisational, administrative and analytical skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and to prioritise and schedule tasks
- Attention to detail and eye for accuracy
- Computer literate: Windows XP: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proven skills to draft business correspondence and documents, summarise information in written narratives and presentations including textual, numeric and graphic/charts parts
- Knowledge of DTM would be very helpful as it is a key database to be used
- Knowledge of SAP desirable but not essential in all cases
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people's lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment.
The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.