Public Policy Internship 2022
Our Impact Policy & Insights team, which specialises in delivering research and engagement programmes that use evidence and data to drive change on the critical economic and public policy issues is seeking an Intern to support our consulting and research projects. Our clients include government bodies, international organisations and corporates, and we provide evidence, insights and advice to shape their policies and programmes. Our four core thematic practice areas include:
- Globalisation, Trade & Finance
- Sustainability, Climate Change & Natural Resources
- Technology and Society
We also deliver work on a wide range of issue areas aligned with sustainable development goals, including education, migration, future of work and international development.
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team. In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
This is a paid internship.
How you will contribute?
- Support multiple project activities including literature reviews, data audits, quantitative analysis and expert interviews
- Participate in and prepare for client meetings
- Develop final deliverables for projects including PowerPoints and reports
- Support proposal and other business development activities
Experience, Skills and Professional Attributes
The ideal skills for this role include:
- Intellectual curiosity with a strongly developed analytical mindset
- An enthusiastic, proactive attitude
- Strong time management skills - including a proven ability to work to meet set deadlines
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An interest in global affairs, economics and public policy issues
- Comfort with analysing data, basic skills in statistics and Excel would be a plus
- Fluency in English
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, gender identity, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation , age or marital status.