Junior Steelwork Engineer 2021
The Joint Design Office (JDO) was created by EDF to reinforce Hinkley Point C’s (HPC) site-based engineering capability to allow for a quicker response to on site engineering queries and problems. Among its main aims, The JDO is committed to managing the changes to Civil, Mechanical and Electrical design during construction according to safety, quality, schedule and cost.
Created with EDF’s new nuclear engineering division (DIPNN UK) and Edvance UK, a primary benefit of this organisation is to save time on construction by having on-site reactive answers and solutions, allowing construction teams to continue their activities with minimal delay.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Junior Steelwork Engineer to support the delivery of the Steelwork (SW) programme on the HPC project. Reporting to a more senior Steelwork Engineer, you will be joining a small but growing team based on site at HPC. You will need to bring your experience of working on large, complex projects and apply this to the design of steel platforms for the Nuclear Island (NI) buildings on HPC. You will have the following accountabilities:
- Assisting in modifying steelwork platform designs compliant with design codes
- Maintaining QA procedures in delivering the SW design
- Working with CAD designers in the preparation of the design drawings/models
- Liaising with colleagues in the Steelwork team and wider teams such as Building Layout and Piping Layout
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject (civil or structural engineering, etc)
- Experience of large scale complex civil design projects in nuclear, energy, oil & gas or public sector works
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach to working
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.