Robotics Industrial Placement 2021
A career that will deliver change. Together, we can help Britain achieve net zero.
During your placement you’ll be looking to make an impact – using your skills, knowledge and passion to achieve great things. So how about taking on the challenge of beating climate change?
Being Britain’s biggest generator of low carbon electricity, EDF are not only talking about climate change, we’re doing something about it. We’re committed to reducing carbon emissions to zero, generating power from clean sources like wind, nuclear and solar, leading the charge for electric vehicles and investing in new carbon cutting technologies. We proudly work together to champion a low carbon lifestyle and collaborate widely in our search for innovations to achieve more.
Build your future with us. Share our vision. Together we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.
Working in the HR Employee Services Performance Team you’ll create and deliver automated processes under the guidance of the Employee Services Performance Manager and Process Leads.
You’ll be developing and delivering automated solutions using UiPath software and will undertake on-line training on UiPath to develop an understanding of the key elements of the software.
- Analyse, understand and document the business processes with the Process Leads / Performance Manager to understand the requirements for process automation.
- Design, develop and deliver new RPA processes.
- Problem solving issues that arise in day to day running of automated processes and providing timely responses and solutions as required
- Communicating any identified delivery risks and issues to the ES Performance Manager accordingly and providing inputs to the change control process.
- Provide post-build support for the configured robots to deliver smooth deployment into operation
- Fixing any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
After you've completed your industrial placements, you should know for sure whether you want to be part of the UK's energy future. If all goes well, we hope to see you back at EDF after university, on one of our graduate programmes.
- On track to achieve or will have already achieved a 2:1 undergraduate degree or 2:2 postgraduate qualification in a Robotics or Computer Science degree
- Ability to think logically and troubleshoot problems in a pragmatic way
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- Good documentation and reporting skills
- A strong desire and interest to work with emerging digital technologies
- Able to act with complete integrity and confidentiality
- Some knowledge of software development / programming (VB.NET, SQL, VBA, C# etc.) is desirable
- Some knowledge in Microsoft Office suite
Compensation & Benefits
- £16,500 salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Product and service discounts
- Wellbeing and support services
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. It’s a powerful statement of our intent to make sure we’re about the people who work with us – a rich and unique mix of backgrounds and experiences that’s vital to shaping a strong and fresh-thinking organisation like ours. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
Build your future. Share our vision. Together, we can help Britain achieve net zero.