Information Technology & Business Graduate Programme 2021
Do you have a passion for IT and a strong commitment to get the job done well? We are looking for driven graduates who can think outside the box, go the extra mile and who never shy away from achieving the end goal! If you have strong influencing abilities and enjoy working with people at different levels, then Edwards could be the place for you!
A place where innovation thrives
Today everything is digital, from the way we work to the way we consume information. Everything is connected, highly personalised and most importantly, customer expectations are set much higher.
Edwards is the brand name our customers have come to trust and rely upon, but we are also part of the much bigger Atlas Copco Group which consists of four global Business Areas including Vacuum Technique. Vacuum Technique has a central Information Systems organisation (VTIS) enabling digital and process innovation. As well as managing global infrastructure and security, we manage and control a large portfolio of projects to enable the VT vision. We achieve this by supporting, developing and rolling out business applications and systems.
With an ever-increasing amount of automation and integration, it is critical that VTIS is fully aligned and ready to support the business area to deliver its growth plans and develop our people to become the digital thinkers of the future.
One of our greatest strengths is the diversity of our workforce with people of all educational and cultural backgrounds working together. We believe that talent and diversity is the key to success and that everybody should feel valued and able to reach their full potential, both in their development and their contribution to the business. Big thinkers. Inspiring designs. With the Edwards Graduate Programme, you could become a member of our world-class team our customers turn to.
About our Graduate programme
The Information Technology & Business Graduate Programme provides recent graduates with an exciting development opportunity to develop their skills in IT and Business – the programme will teach you about the wider business processes and enable you to develop key project management, business analysis and leadership skills.
As a Graduate within VTIS you’ll be based at our global headquarters in Sussex, a short distance from the vibrant seaside city of Brighton and Hove, where you’ll work at a strategic level as part of our truly global team. You will undertake several rotational placements over a two-year period – this could include an overseas placement and an out-of-function rotation in the business itself. During the programme, you will gain an appreciation of various business technology processes from start to finish.
Here you’re empowered to explore opportunities and drive your professional development. Our graduates have access to all the training, learning and assistance you need to become a specialist in your area of expertise.
Where would I work?
As a Graduate in VTIS, you will be based in our Global Technology Centre in Burgess Hill (Sussex), a short drive away from the vibrant seaside city of Brighton and Hove.
You could also undertake at least one placement in one of our other UK or Global sites.
Areas of responsibility
- Involvement in Information Systems development projects, either running the project or as part of a wider project team.
- Requirements gathering from internal customers (key users/managers) and translating this into elegant solutions which may require application changes or process changes.
- Supporting the programming team in writing technical specifications.
- Assisting with the development of training material and change management documentation including end-user training.
- Work towards becoming a Business Analyst and/or Project Manager with specific knowledge and understanding of our core business functions in a continually changing environment.
- Take ownership and responsibility for own learning and development.
- Is actively involved in the promotional activities of Vacuum Technique and the Early Careers community.
Whilst on the programme, typical projects you may be involved in could include…
- Rolling out Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems to newly acquired businesses.
- Implementing IoT (Internet of Things) on our products.
- Developing data analytics/ML (machine learning) on our business data.
- Implementing a new e-commerce site.
- Selecting and implementing new Supply Chain Planning systems.
Knowledge, skills and behaviours required
- Degree educated with a 2.1 or above (or predicted) in any subject, preferably with a focus on IT, and/or business, and/or Finance.
- A good understanding of and passion for IT and business is essential, knowledge of technical applications changes (programming) is not required.
- Organised approach with good discipline and a methodical way of working.
- Good numerical ability and able to work with complex data.
- Highly computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Excel and Word.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a proactive approach to challenges.
- Effective, accurate and professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly effective team working skills.
- Highly motivated and able to build relationships with key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Ability to influence individuals and teams to achieve desired goals and objectives.
- Commercial awareness and clear business acumen.
- Willingness to undertake national and international business travel, including the possibility of an overseas placement of up to 6 months.
Benefits & Rewards
- A competitive salary, discretionary bonus, health cash plan, competitive pension, ride-to-work scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- A robust career development plan, including online learning modules and on the job technical training.
- Early Careers Community forum and a global network.
- Mentoring programme.
- Health & wellbeing initiatives.
- Continuous support and coaching.