The successful candidate will carry out and deliver research projects to support Efficio’s client work. Working as part of a team he/she will primarily respond to research briefings from consulting staff and help to maintain research repositories. He or she will also support the research advisor in managing our offshore research partners which are part of our day-to-day operations within the team. The Research function is part of a wider Knowledge team and the Research Coordinator will be an integral part of this team primarily contributing to Research and supporting Knowledge Management as and when required. Reporting to the Research Advisor, the role will involve:
- Liaising with consulting staff to clarify research briefing and to agree deliverable expectations
- Conducting desktop research and secondary industry investigations where necessary
- Working to produce material compliant with the Efficio format and guidelines
- Establishing him/herself as a reliable research partner to our project teams and Business Development (BD) teams by proactively reaching out to projects, helping scope research requests, facilitating requests with vendors, monitor and manage effort, timelines and effort budget and ensuring the resulting research product meets requirements and quality standards
- Maintaining research trackers and collecting feedback from all research requestors
- Administrative tasks (Ensuring Research files are uploaded to the Research SharePoint and also keep the repositories up to date)
- Lead New Hire Orientation Training on Research Services when required
The role will also require:
- Play an active part in day-to-day research operations which majorly include managing our research partners utilisation, maintaining research effort and cost records
- Maintain research intellectual capital in dedicated repositories.
- Obtain and extract data using various database subscriptions like FactSet and Gartner and maintain database repository.
- Provide support and contribute to Efficio’s Knowledge Management process
- Provide support to the Research Advisor to manage the procurement of offshored research.
- Liaising with our offshore research partners and supporting vendor management operations.
- Managing and monitoring usage of our subscribed databases
- Coordinate at the project captures to ensure key knowledge is captured and stored properly
- Working closely with Subject Matter Expert communities to maintain up-to-date content on their Sharepoint communication sites
Will need to be a self-starter, competent with research processes and techniques and able to liaise effectively across a diverse and demanding environment. Research experience gained in a professional services environment would be a distinct advantage. Teaming skills are essential, being able to provide support and take direction. Communication skills are paramount, and the individual will have to display confidence in their findings and be prepared to defend/justify their results.
Specifically, we expect the Research Coordinator to have these minimum skill requirements:
- Will have some relevant experience in business research gained within the professional services or management consultancy sectors
- Ability to conduct research will be tested during the interview process
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel and Power Point
- Attention to detail – able to deal effectively with feedback
- Ability to understand Efficio’s business and apply context to research activities
- Confident communicator, able to provide summary view of complex material succinctly
- Ability to work in teams and take direction, service-oriented mindset
- Ability to prioritise own work based on constantly evolving situation
- Work within tight deadlines
- Proactive and enquiring approach and prepared to be challenged
- Commitment to success and team delivery
- Confident in tackling client conversations and moderate experience in a client-facing role
- Degree qualified (any relevant discipline)
- Languages - other European would be advantageous
- Phone interview with Bright Network
- Presentation task & first round interview with Efficio
- Final round interview with Efficio
The shortlist will be filled on a rolling basis and applications may close earlier than advertised, so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre.
For more information and guidance please visit: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/ask-for-adjustments-at-interview