Reporting to the Research and Rights Manager, the Footage Researcher will research and source archive footage and provide creative support across various archive led projects.
- Support IMG producers and 3rd party Production Partners in creation of archive-based video content for our client, an iconic luxury brand.
- Research and acquire footage from IMG’s archive library, rights holders and commercial archive suppliers and ensure this is comprehensively logged across IMG’s internal MAM systems, PasC documentation and rights databases.
- Research and select footage to creative briefs and the support development work by offering creative concepts and solutions and showcasing appropriate material.
- Collaborate with Rights and Media Management teams to provide seamless delivery of assets and relevant commercial and technical information to Production Partners.
- Attend regular production meetings and provide progress updates and feedback on responses to footage briefs.
- Provide quality control for all content delivered to Production Partners and our client.
- Nurture and maintain proactive relationships with our client, rights owners, production partners and sports federations.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of our client’s sponsorship arrangements, footage access rights, brand ambassadors and upcoming events. Offer guidance and advice to creative teams on any restrictions and limitations that may impact on usage and licensing arrangements.
- Support the Rights team with commercial licensing where required. This may include negotiating fees, managing rights budgets and reviewing key rights terms in contractual agreements.
- Create and deliver training materials to 3rd parties and freelance staff and educate stakeholders in client history and key account information.
- The Archive Researcher will be pro-active, self-sufficient, and able to maintain excellent relationships with clients and footage providers on behalf of the client. You will have the opportunity to work within IMG’s CC&BC division and potentially support other productions within the department. However, the role will primarily service our largest client.
- Excellent sports and culture knowledge.
- Experience of working in a footage, archive, sport or TVC production environment.
- Experience in sourcing, costing and clearing footage from around the world.
- Experience of logging rushes and selecting material for edits to a creative brief.
- Experience with a variety of Media Portals and/or Media Asset Management systems.
- Creation and management of research and PAsC documentation.
- Knowledge of different video, film and digital media formats.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of file-based workflows.
- Proficient with Adobe Premier Edit.
- Ability work under pressure, prioritize competing tasks and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Show editorial initiative and creative flair when selecting footage to brief.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Be confident and positive when speaking up in meetings and responding mindfully to creative briefs.
- A meticulous approach to work and able to present detailed information clearly and accurately.
This is a fixed-term contract role until 31st December 2022, based at Chiswick Park and working an average of 40 hours per week.
- There will be possible weekend work during time sensitive edits.
- Working times may vary, due to client’s location in a different time zone.
- Possible travel to additional IMG production sites such as Stockley Park, Uxbridge
- Applications will close on Monday 6th December at 11.59pm GMT
IMG is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.