Foreign Rights Assistant - WME
Endeavor is a global entertainment, sports and content company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation; marketing and licensing; content development, distribution and sales; event management; and a number of direct-to-consumer offerings.
- Proactive support to agent including diary management, travel arrangements, answering phones and drafting correspondence. Other ad hoc tasks as required
- Assisting with the preparation of submissions, tracking and drafting contracts, logging deals in our system, tracking payments and royalties and generating reports, lists and timetables
- Liaising with clients, publishers and internal colleagues, maintaining good relationships and open communication
- Assisting with the evaluation of manuscripts and book proposals in order to give feedback about their international scope
- Preparing for book fairs, including scheduling, meeting notes, gathering material, and other arrangements
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience within the publishing industry, particularly within international and subsidiary rights departments
- A huge passion for reading, with an interest in attending literary events, festivals and generally providing support to authors
- Knowledge of other languages besides English considered valuable
- Curiosity about current literature and the publishing industry, including outside of the English-speaking world
Skills & Abilities (Personal and Professional)
- Highly motivated and energetic with excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to remain focused while multi-tasking, with a hardworking, professional attitude
- Exceptional time management, reliability and prioritisation skills
- Strong organisational skills and great attention to detail
- A great work ethic and the ability to work to a high standard independently under pressure
- Working knowledge of MS Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Absolute confidentiality and discretion at all times
- This is a permanent position.
- Please note, remote working set up until lockdown restrictions have been lifted. Thereafter, the role would be based at New Oxford Street.
- Working hours are 9:30 – 18:00, Monday to Friday.
- Occasional travel and weekend work may be required.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
WME is a leading entertainment agency representing the world’s greatest artists and content creators across books, digital media, film, food, music, television and theater. Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, WME is a subsidiary of Endeavor, a global entertainment, sports and content company.