Graduate Programme 2020
When joining our two-year graduate programme you will experience key areas of our business, working alongside our specialists, developing your skills and knowledge whilst sharing in our success.
Working with the latest Esri technology, you will understand how our customers are using the ArcGIS Platform and develop the skills to help them to be even more successful. You will interact with a wide variety of organisations across a range of industries including environment, government, public safety, utilities, telecoms, retail and education.
At the end of the two-year programme we will work in partnership to balance business requirements with your desired career aspirations to find you a suitable role within the company. We will look at how your skills and approach to work best fits within the business, ensuring your continued success here at Esri UK.
- Technical Pre Sales: providing demonstrations, presentations and technical expertise to support our Sales Managers and help our customers understand the benefits of GIS to their business
- Technical Support: working with subject matter experts to diagnose, understand and resolve customer’s technical challenges, whilst promoting the best practice use of the ArcGIS Platform
- Marketing: helping to acquire new customers by raising brand awareness and developing customer marketing material for conferences and eNewsletters.
- Professional Services: working with customers on the installation, configuration, and deployment of Esri ArcGIS based solutions and the installation and configuration of supporting technology such as databases and webservers.
- ArcGIS Curator: sourcing and preparing UK and Ireland specific datasets to ensure spatial content available on ArcGIS Online is localised for Esri UK and Ireland’s customers. Helping customers to set up and populate OpenData Portals
- Sales: contacting our existing customers to identify their business needs for GIS. Helping them maximise the benefits of GIS, promoting and developing its use in their organisation
- You have to be eligible to work in the UK, unfortunately we cannot sponsor an application
- A knowledge of, and ability to use the ArcGIS Platform. Awareness of trends in the wider IT industry with an understanding of how they relate to GIS and Esri UK
- A commercial understanding of the impact of technology with a vision for how GIS can enhance the effectiveness of an organisation
- Effective and flexible time management with the ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box and be confident to suggest better ways of working
- A willingness to work in a fast-moving and dynamic environment as part of a technical team of like-minded people
- The ability to take the initiative on tasks in a work environment
- Be the holder of a UK driving license or be willing to learn to drive
- You must hold (or be predicted to achieve) at least a 2:1 in a relevant degree subject: GIS, Geography or IT (including Computer Science and Software Engineering)
- A Master’s in GIS or relevant degree may be beneficial, but is not essential
Please send your CV and covering letter via email by clicking "Apply".
We will be shortlisting applicants as they come through. The interview process will have an initial telephone conversation, followed by a half day Assessment Centre.
The first round of telephone interviews will start in January 2020.
We will be holding Assessment Centres on the below dates. When applying are you able to let us know if you cannot attend any of the below dates.
- 4th February 2020
- 25th February 2020
- 3rd March 2020
- 23rd June 2020
- 30th June 2020
- 7th July 2020