Why join us?
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance organization with extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focus on creating long term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management.
Our strength is in our people
At Everest, we believe that our future is determined by the actions we take today. Actions that go beyond business strategy and encompass the values important to our employees and the communities in which we operate. Everest’s value commitments include: providing an inclusive work environment that offers employees the opportunity to further their development, supporting our communities through the donation of time and financial resources, maintaining our integrity across all aspects of the group, and being an industry innovator to solve global complex risks.
When the worst happens, a policyholder is reliant on their Insurer to help them recover and move forward. But what happens when a hurricane hits the USA, a major music festival is cancelled because of Covid, or a CEO’s ill-timed tweet plunges a company’s share price? Thematic events like this can result in huge losses for Insurers and that is where reinsurance comes in.
Our Graduate Actuarial position will give you exposure across multiple lines of business including; Professional lines, Casualty, Property, Engineering and Accident & Health. You’ll receive excellent on-the-job training from our experienced Insurance professionals. You will be fully supported with study-time and financial incentives to become professionally qualified through the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
As an Actuarial Graduate, you will work as a member of the team to:
- Maintain and parameterise pricing tools
- Help with case pricing
- Help with profitability analyses
- Assist with reserving
- Produce ad hoc reports and analyses
- Interact with Underwriting, Claims, and Finance
Core duties will include:
- Become familiar with internal rating tools and help underwriting and support staff on technical matters.
- Manipulate client data to ensure optimal use in technical analyses.
- Assist the pricing actuary in pricing data intensive deals.
- Price some contracts.
- Perform pricing reviews to ensure underwriters work within guidelines.
- Assist in the data extracts, spreadsheet manipulations and reports building.
- Assist with the development of loss curves using market information for use within corporate models.
- Assist in the annual reserving and quarterly actual vs expected processes as needed.
- Assist with any ad hoc requests made to the actuarial department as they fall due.
- Learn about and spend time in the other departments of the Reinsurance business.
Beyond your day-to-day activities we encourage you to network within the Insurance community and to support others through our Diversity Equity and Inclusion initiatives, Mentoring Programs and Charity Outreach Programs.
What we are looking for
The position is open to Graduates that have an interest in an Actuarial career with a globally recognised name located in the world’s leading marketplace for Re/Insurance. We are looking for graduates who have strong analytical skills and are curious and eager to learn!
- You should have achieved (or be on target to achieve) an upper second class (2:1) degree or higher from a recognised university in in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Chemistry or Physics.
- A grade A in maths at GCSE or A-Level or equivalent.
- You will need to meet the entry requirements of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA)