Underwriting Assistant, Excess Casualty & Surety
Everest is a leading global Reinsurance and Insurance organisation with extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focus on creating long term value through Underwriting excellence and strong risk and Capital Management.
Everest Global Markets (EGM), is a growing division of Everest Insurance and part of a global reinsurance group, consists of Everest Insurance (Ireland) DAC (EIID), Everest Syndicate 2786 and a number of related service companies. Everest Insurance (Ireland), DAC is a specialty Insurance company based in Dublin, which writes a variety of specialty insurance risks across Europe, North American and Asian markets. Everest Syndicate 2786 is a multi-line Lloyd’s syndicate managed by a third-party managing agency and is fully capitalised by Everest Reinsurance.
To support the Excess Casualty & Surety Underwriters whilst working as a member of the Operations Underwriting Support team to deliver:-
- Accurate risk Data Input, Record Keeping and Reporting
- Underwriting Administration Support
- Premium Processing, Identification and Allocation
- To translate and summarise slip terms and conditions, calculate premiums and exposures and undertake the complete and oversee the accurate entry of submissions, quotes, risks and endorsements to the Everest Underwriting System(s) so as to ensure correct management, statistical and regulatory reporting. Perform as required the necessary data checks to ensure accuracy of underwriting data.
- Maintain tools containing key underwriting information to facilitate compliance sanctions, fraud and financial crime checks pre bind and monitoring post bind.
- Assist underwriters’ during the underwriting process, production of management information, business development and marketing.
- Produce exception reports and act on them in a timely manner to ensure accurate risk details are maintained on Everest Underwriting System(s) including premium estimates, exposures, reinsurance cessions and regulatory/business coding.
- Store all risk information and correspondence onto the document repository to ensure a complete and accurate audit trail of all substantive business activity.
- Ensure that all relevant underwriting information is included for the peer review, risk entry and data checking review process within the designated timeframe. Underwriting information submitted electronically to be indexed and updated as appropriate within specified timeframes.
- Process premiums to the appropriate risks applying corrections where required in a timely and efficient manner. Track and investigate late and unmatched receivables liaising with underwriters, brokers and Operations as required.
- Provide administrative support to underwriters to include organising client meetings, business travel, handling of expenses and other ad hoc duties as required.
- When necessary, provide support to Underwriting teams within other classes of business.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as defined and agreed with the Underwriting Operations Manager.
- All functions to be performed in accordance with Everest policies and specific procedure manuals, as amended from time to time.
- Relevant experience of working for a Lloyd’s Syndicate/London Company, preferably in an underwriting support role.
- Knowledge of Excess Casualty and/or Surety business is desired.
- Knowledge of underwriting, claims and facultative reinsurance processes.
- Experience of supervising the accuracy of an offshore service partner is beneficial.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Logical, analytical and resourceful
- Ability to follow through on tasks/projects
- Must be able to work alone but also contribute as part of a team