Underwriting Assistant, Financial Lines
Everest is a leading global Reinsurance and Insurance organisation with extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focus on creating long term value through Underwriting excellence and strong risk and Capital Management.
Everest Global Markets (EGM) is a growing division of Everest Insurance and part of a global reinsurance group, consists of Everest Insurance (Ireland) DAC (EIID), Everest Syndicate 2786 and a number of related service companies. Everest Insurance (Ireland), DAC is a specialty Insurance company based in Dublin, which writes a variety of specialty insurance risks across Europe, North American and Asian markets. Everest Syndicate 2786 is a multi-line Lloyd’s syndicate managed by a third-party managing agency and is fully capitalised by Everest Reinsurance.
To primarily support the Financial Lines Underwriters whilst working as a member of the Operations Underwriting Support team to deliver accurate risk, record keeping and reporting for classes of business underwritten within Everest Global Markets.
- To summarise slip terms and conditions, calculate premiums and exposures and ensure complete accurate entry of submissions, quotes, risks, endorsements and transactions to the Everest Underwriting System(s) so as to ensure correct management, statistical and regulatory reporting. Perform as required the necessary data checks to ensure accuracy of underwriting data ensuring they are accurately entered within our systems.
- Store all risk information and correspondence onto the document repository to ensure a complete and accurate audit trail of all substantive business activity.
- Ensure that all relevant underwriting information is included for the peer review, risk entry and data checking review process within the designated timeframe. Underwriting information submitted electronically to be indexed and updated as appropriate within specified timeframes.
- Maintain tools containing key underwriting information to facilitate compliance sanctions, fraud and financial crime checks pre bind and monitoring post bind.
- Assist underwriters’ during the underwriting process, production of management information, business development and marketing.
- Provide administrative support to underwriters and the Operations team in areas including credit control, data quality and training.
- When necessary, provide support to Underwriting teams within other classes of business.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as defined and agreed with the Underwriting Operations Team Leader and the Underwriting Operations Manager.
- All functions to be performed in accordance with Everest target operating model, policies and specific procedure manuals, as amended from time to time.
- Relevant experience of working in an underwriting support role.
- Knowledge of Financial Lines business an advantage.
- Knowledge of underwriting, claims and facultative reinsurance processes.
- Experience of supervising the accuracy of an offshore service partner is beneficial.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Logical, analytical and resourceful.
- Ability to follow through on tasks/projects.
- Must be able to work alone but also contribute as part of a team.